Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

New Technopia Based Web site

New Technopia Based Web site

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • Hi All,

Announcing the release of my technopia based web-site: bkks.org.uk. This site is for the British Koi Keepers Society - a non profit organisation dedicated to the support of the Koi Keeping hobby and Koi welfare in the UK.

This uses the default technopia them but has virtually all of the graphics replaced or recoloured to suit the theme.

I'm still working on the CSS as I'm not 100% on some features, and there are a few problems:

* Instant Messaging (Udde IM) Component Does not sit in page template
      * Wiki Component (JD-Wiki) Does not sit in page template.

If anybody knows how to fix either of these then please drop me a line - I am not afraid of modifying the CSS or PHP code to put more elements if people know that this will fix it.

I have removed the image rollover from the main menu as I felt this was not needed on this site, however, I would like to change the text colour/font (bold) during a rollover, and if anyone has managed this and can tell me the elements to change I'd be grateful.

All comments gratefully received - any one with an interest in Koi Carp or ornamental fish is more than welcome to join!

Best Regards,
      Gareth Wilden
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: New Technopia Based Web site

• Hi, you have forgotten the url ;)
      www.bkks.org.uk/

Nice site but I don't like the red color of the menu.
      I think it will be better with a blue or green color. ;)

• Thanks for the comments - disagree about the menu though, I needed some contrast and this picks up the red in the logo and gives the site a very "rich" feel I believe.

Thanks again,
      Gareth
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• In Safari, the background has a different blue in the bottom of your pages, see capture.
    • Yves

• Thanks Yves,

I have had no way to test this on Safari as none of my users are Mac users (well, that they have told me about).

I have had the same problem in IE. Despite the CSS being set to the same RGB colour as the bottom of the PNG file they render as different colours. I am at a loss to explain it! I had originally thought it was the issue that the background PNG files were produced in Photoshop - not Fireworks. However, The background should now be a 1 x 1 pixel PNG of the darkest colour on the graduated image, but...

....help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope....

Thanks,
      Gareth
  • Re: New Technopia Based Web site

• I sometimes work around the colour issue by opening up the program you are saving the png image with and using the colour dropper get the hex code for the darkest point. Try using that new hex code if it is different to the new one.

Someone else posted this link on these forums. (Sorry, I can't remember who). It's handy to have:

www.snugtech.com/safaritest/

MdB
    • "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain
  • Re: New Technopia Based Web site

• Gareth,
      The reasons .png don't match the css color in IE is called Gamma correction. Here is an easy fix. Open your .png in a simple program such as compupic. After you open it, immediately resave it. This makes the file loose any of the gamma correction properties and will match colors fine in FF and IE. Fixed! Nice site by the way.
    • www.jasonpainter.com

• Jason,

Thanks for the comments. Can you please post a link to compupic?

MdB,
      The colour I am using is taken from the image in Photoshop in this fashion :( . I have seen the safaritest before, useful, but no substitute for sitting and playing with it - last time I checked I did not have such a long front page and this problem was not visibile.

Gareth
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds