Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Web Design site using heavily modified Aurora template

• pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

Web Design site using heavily modified Aurora template

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Everyone,

We've recently re-launched our company website.

We're a Web Design company based in Australia. We experimented with flat design, incorporating graphical elements, flat blocks of colour and many different Gantry particles. We really wanted to show clients that a templated web design doesn't always mean it ends up looking like the original template.

We're super please with how it's turned out.

If you have a spare couple of minutes, take a look and let us know what you think.

https://marketeam.com.au/
    • Good things come to those who wait - but it's only what's left over from those who don't
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Web Design site using heavily modified Aurora template

• Again another site - watch out for the markup errors though... https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fmarketeam.com.au%2F . It's always worth checking all pages with that tool.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I was referring to the errors not the yellow warnings - but ignore them if you wish, I was just making a suggestion to improve your site.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I know - and I appreciate it - I was just being a cheeky bugger! :-P

I am interested however, one error seems to be thrown from embedding a Google Map, and the other is from the subscription particle - I don't see how I could get around not using an iFrame for a Google map but the subscription particle error is interesting.

Will look into that further.
    • Good things come to those who wait - but it's only what's left over from those who don't
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Using an Iframe is perfectly acceptable - it's the use of the "frameborder" attribute on that tag that is not.

I see you moved forward with the other error too now... but there's still a couple to address left and I don't think the issues are coming from RT code - but let me know if you think that they are.

Regards, Mark.
    • pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

Ok - I've managed to get rid of all errors bar one.
      validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fmarketeam.com.au%2F

The Google Map was easy, just removed the frameborder reference from the code (although I have to say I think it's silly Google adds this to their embed code if it's going to throw a w3c error??)

The Subscription particle was easy enough to fix, just tweaked some of the code in the override.

The one I don't really understand is the 'role' in the g-offcanvas-hide div. I gather this is to hide the mobile menu on desktop and larger screens. Would it be a simple case of adding

role="mobile-menu"

To the div?

I'm not overly familar with ARIA - that's why I pay for a template subscription!!!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by pdowse.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You won't be able to fix that one... that is caused by Gantry 5 and there is an outstanding ticket for that... https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2127 .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: pdowse

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds