Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

TravelPak - a German travel portal with Versatility II

• Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

TravelPak - a German travel portal with Versatility II

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Hi folks,

I'd appreciate some feedback on www.travelpak.de - as far as your German goes. ;) Some facts about the site:

- V II template with a few Internet Gazette elements thrown in - I also used the max-min-width technique from IG
      - OpenSEF for nice URLs and for getting around the ItemID problems that have grown to monstrous proportions since Joomla 1.0.9
      - Joomap
      - Coppermine (not integrated, just a stripped-down version of V II to make it look integrated)

The items below "Ihre Reise" are mainly made with Iframes since I'm working with an affiliate program. I'd like to get rid of them but haven't found any satisfactory alternatives so far. Experiments with cURL have failed me up to now.

Kind regards,
      Zorro
  • Re: TravelPak - a German travel portal with Versatility II

• Wow,

Great integration on the blue header and the blue menu-bar. I love it!

But, since you have made the beautiful integration, one thing stands out (at least on Safari browser on Mac) in a negative way. The arrows in child-menus do not match the colour of the the menu itself. They stand out. Top menu bar is ok, child-menus are too dark.

I have attached a screenshot in this message.

Best regards,

Piet Nutbey
      The Netherlands
    • Best regards,

Piet Nutbey

Joomla Video Tutorials: www.joomtorial.com
    • Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: TravelPak - a German travel portal with Versatility II

• Thanks for the kind words, Piet.

The small arrow PNGs were a problem in IE also (not in Firefox of course). Funny thing is, they had no transparency at all. I finally replaced them with GIFs and it should look fine now.

Kind regards,
      Zorro

• Zorro wrote:
      Hi folks,

I'd appreciate some feedback on www.travelpak.de - as far as your German goes. ;) Some facts about the site:

- V II template with a few Internet Gazette elements thrown in - I also used the max-min-width technique from IG
      - OpenSEF for nice URLs and for getting around the ItemID problems that have grown to monstrous proportions since Joomla 1.0.9
      - Joomap
      - Coppermine (not integrated, just a stripped-down version of V II to make it look integrated)

The items below "Ihre Reise" are mainly made with Iframes since I'm working with an affiliate program. I'd like to get rid of them but haven't found any satisfactory alternatives so far. Experiments with cURL have failed me up to now.

Kind regards,
      Zorro

Hello, I dont understand about stripped-down, can you please explain it......

Thank You
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .
    • Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: TravelPak - a German travel portal with Versatility II

• What I did is take the same workaround that a few others have. I don't know of a real good solution to integrate Coppermine visually, so I just made it look like the rest of the site. ;)

I don't need user integration, so Coppermine is running standalone in a subdirectory. I simply changed its template by copying the important div's and CSS styles from Versatility II. That's what I meant with "stripped down", mimicking the looks of the main site by using some of its style definitions.

The drop-down menus are a problem. Since the main site will get more and more content, the menus will grow, and there is no simple way to keep an off-site copy of the menus up to date. I wold have had to add each menu item manually on the Coppermine install. So I decided not to do it at all but just have two menu items: one for the gallery start page, and the other one for going back to the main site. Not very elegant but it works as an interim solution for me.

Kind regards,
      Zorro

• Zorro wrote:
      What I did is take the same workaround that a few others have. I don't know of a real good solution to integrate Coppermine visually, so I just made it look like the rest of the site. ;)

I don't need user integration, so Coppermine is running standalone in a subdirectory. I simply changed its template by copying the important div's and CSS styles from Versatility II. That's what I meant with "stripped down", mimicking the looks of the main site by using some of its style definitions.

The drop-down menus are a problem. Since the main site will get more and more content, the menus will grow, and there is no simple way to keep an off-site copy of the menus up to date. I wold have had to add each menu item manually on the Coppermine install. So I decided not to do it at all but just have two menu items: one for the gallery start page, and the other one for going back to the main site. Not very elegant but it works as an interim solution for me.

Kind regards,
      Zorro

THANKS Zorro. I can integrate my coppermine into the joomla now.
      :D :D :D :D :D

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds