Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problems with ZOO and JomSocial

• Problems with ZOO and JomSocial

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Hi there,

I cannot use the admin template with Zoo or JomSocial , there seems to be a issue with the CSS.

If you require login details to my test site please let me know.

Regards
      Alex
    • MindTooth
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Problems with ZOO and JomSocial

• I guess RT needs to add overrides for the both of them. Hopefully more extensions will be supported in the future :)
  • Re: Problems with ZOO and JomSocial

• MindTooth wrote:
      I guess RT needs to add overrides for the both of them. Hopefully more extensions will be supported in the future :)

Hi,

An admin panel is required to work with all extensions.

This is only an alpha so we have lots of time to fix bugs and im sure Andy will get around to it when he is ready :)
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I tested with the 2.1 version of Zoo, and didn't see anything major, was totally usable. Not looked at jomsocial yet though.

Did you read my blog regarding 3rd party extensions:

www.rockettheme.com/blog/joomla/937-miss...l-download-available

Regarding working with 'all' extensions. It's not that easy. Basically every extension developer has developed their extensions so their admin looks right with khepri. Anything different from khepri in any way, is going to potentially cause some rendering issues. The further you move away from khepri the more problems you are going to potentially have. EVERY 3rd party admin template is going to face this same problem.

MC tries to minimize this by using PHPQuery to manipulate the output of every extension to bring it more inline with the MC layout and requirements. If it doesn't catch everything, we can use custom PHPQuery injections to fix, and also custom CSS to tweak. This is why this is in alpha testing, because we hve to develop these overrides for extensions that need them. Things that follow the stock extensions like com_banners, and com_weblinks very closely will just work, but the more you veer from that and do your own stuff, the potential from problems increase. K2 for example had a custom 'dashboard' that needed a little work, but aside from that, most of the other sections worked fine. A few things had to be tweaked so they didn't run outside the tighter confines of MC

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, i just get a page without any styling on the Zoo component.

Regards
      Alex
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• what verison of Zoo and what version of MC?

• Andy Miller wrote:
      what verison of Zoo and what version of MC?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the fast reply, i am using the latest versions of both.

regards
      Alex
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• i'm looking at Zoo 2.1.2, so far its pretty minor stuff.. shouldn't take much to get it 100% looking good.

• Andy Miller wrote:
      i'm looking at Zoo 2.1.2, so far its pretty minor stuff.. shouldn't take much to get it 100% looking good.

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the updated MC :)

I will report back any issue's.

Regards
      Alex

• Hi,

I have installed the latest version of MC and my JomSocial config page is blank.

Any ideas why this is?

Regards
      Alex

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds