Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

• MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • Hi guys,

Was running MC 2.1. Went to update to 2.3 using the update feature, and these errors appeared and the website and admin login pages refused to load.
      Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/pcgorgau/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 61

Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, resource given in /home/pcgorgau/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 61

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home/pcgorgau/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/file.php on line 220

Thanks for the help,
      Michael
    • Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by MC.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

• You get those errors on the login page? They look like they are all related to the installer, and it's all coming from the core of joomla, which is odd.
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Sorry - you're right - I wasn't clear enough. Immediately after installing it showed these error messages. Then when I tried to return to the admin it came up blank. And the frontend came up blank too. I thought maybe there was some conflict with the admin template, that it should be returned to the original, and I tried doing something like that in phpADMIN but I couldn't effect any change.

Where do you think I should try next? I have a backup from last week, I think, so I won't have lost much content if I have to rebuild. Though, of course, I would like to work out how to go back without doing that. There is a day's worth of original content that would be lost (and not easily repeatable).

Thanks Andy for checking in on this one. I really appreciate the work that the RT team put in, from coding to forum and everything in-between.

Michael
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• To be able to log back in, you probably need to use BlueStork rather than MC. Just open the #_template_styles table via phpMyAdmin or equivalent and set the bluestork "home" field to 1.

After that try downloading the latest copy of MC from the downloads section and installing via the installer rather than the updater.
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Andy, yes, I did that. But still can't get access.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Andy:
      I had the same problem and here is what I discovered.
      Your suggest with setting home works but you need to swap making bluestork 1 and mc 0.
      Then I clear and purged the cache.
      I then clicked the star to make default next to mc
      and it worked.
      No reinstall required although I started with a manual.
      I initially thought it might have to do with my server having gone to php 5.4RC6 but apparently not.
      Wallace
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• If your now using bluestork, is it showing the regular joomla login page for the admin? What is the message you are getting when you try to login?
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• @Shealy: Trying to get my head around your suggestion - how do I clear the cache using phpMyAdmin? Is that localhost - Status - Reset (Runtime Information)?

@Andy: My template settings are as you see them above, using phpMyAdmin, but still there is no login page. Not seeing anything - frontend or backend.
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I got this error on the next site I tried to update when I went to change mc to default.
      Fatal error: Call to undefined method JToolBar::setToolBar() in /.../administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/rtcore.class.php on line 294
      Simply disabling it with the phpadmin method you suggested cleared it up. Tried reinstall and clearing cache. Got beyond it and it worked. Also php5.4RC6
      Wallace
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• @MC once I did what you did above I was back to my original bluestork admin where I was able to clear and purge cache before changing mc to default. I may have just been lucky. I have gotten it work on 5 sites tonight. All had similar issues to what you describe. I even tried switching back to an old 5.2 version of php at one point. Finally the bits were with me and I'm done.
      Hope you get yours up too.
      W - time to call it a night.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds