Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Could not see the Login

• Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Computer Tech and Consultant, Retired (20 years active) Veteran, Single Parent, Comedian, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Could not see the Login

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Hey!
      Recently I had a glitch hit my site when I was trying to update the roksproket / gallery, etc... that Rokmodule thing, where the Common Library was not compatable with the rest of the system..

Anyway... My Admin 'timed out'.. and when I looked back there was a HUGE red square full of text covering the login / password boxes in the middle of the screen.. I couldn't see the log in... I nearly croaked!..
      Then, I just blindly typed in the name, tabbed, and typed in the password.. It got me back onto the Admin.. (what a relief!).. but hey!.. it got me to thinking that the 'logon' for that would or could be best served up at the top of the screen, far and away from any messages that may pop up.. no?

I'm just saying..

By the way..
      The funny little 'shaky shaky' thing the red box does when you don't enter the right password.. it's a giggle!.. But not very funny when it says, "Empty password not allowed".. (wiggle wiggle). on top of all the huge red squared 'warning, warning... covering the logon'... I just thought I'd add that.. .

Thanks for a great Admin template!..
    • “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
      This is the URL to visit: Http://www.yooperliving.com
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Could not see the Login

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Hey edward, if that does it again, can you take a screenshot please? That would help me work out what exactly happened.

cheers.
    • Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Computer Tech and Consultant, Retired (20 years active) Veteran, Single Parent, Comedian, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Posted 12 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hey Andy,
      It didn't take too long to 'recreate' the problem - and to provide you with pictures..
      I tried 'updating' the MIssion Control Template this morning, the install went just fine, got a happy spaceman and everything.. But when I went back to the Dashboard.. A red message!.. (picture).. and when I expired the 15 minutes (looking for a solution) and was logged off the Admin.. There, you see the Admin 'logon' covered up by error message.. (I had a bugger of a time getting logged in..
      To make matters even worse.. the frontend of the site has a huge error message across the top!..

[ The solution was to 're-install' the RokSprocket and RokGallery - the Red Box went away ]

And, I know, now that you've seen the 'logon' problem.. you'll quickly move the error message flag shaking thing. either up on the screen.. or move the logon box so as to be able to actually see the logon (without the error over the face of it).. Thanks Andy!
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
      This is the URL to visit: Http://www.yooperliving.com
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Posted 12 years 3 weeks ago
    • I think part of the problem is that the default admin template was not showing this error. That doesn't mean the error wasn't there, it just was not displaying. Not 100% sure why this was because MissionControl has zero in common with RokSprocket and RokGallery, in fact there is no dependency between those at all.

The error being so large, and covering the login box is a design bug and I probably should fix for a future release.

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds