Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Could there ever be a Lights Out version?

• Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Computer Tech and Consultant, Retired (20 years active) Veteran, Single Parent, Comedian, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

SOLVED Could there ever be a Lights Out version?

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • Great Admin Template!
      I'm wondering if there might ever be a 'lights switch' built into the Template that would switch it from 'light' to dark... As they do here: video.foxnews.com/

The Background switches instantly from a light to dark - I think a Control like this would be nice for ALL of the Templates... But especially the Mission Control..

Sometimes the 'light on dark on light' is hard to read with these poor old eyes..

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

:cheesy:
    • Last Edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Edward S.
    • “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
      This is the URL to visit: Http://www.yooperliving.com
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Could there ever be a Lights Out version?

• In general principle I agree, however your plea would be better served in the REQUEST forum.
      I'm not sure how this applies to Misson Control as this is what mine look like.
    • Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Computer Tech and Consultant, Retired (20 years active) Veteran, Single Parent, Comedian, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Well, Dan,
      I'm posting a 'question' not a plea or a request for modification... It's a simple question, probably best answered by someone who actually took the time to visit the site I mentioned and played with the 'instant' switch from light to dark.. Or better yet, someone who actually 'cares' about others in the group who just might have an idea worth 'suggestion'..

I think your response is best.... 'deleted'.. Thanks anyway Dan..
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Edward S wrote:
      Well, Dan,
      I'm posting a 'question' not a plea or a request for modification... It's a simple question, probably best answered by someone who actually took the time to visit the site I mentioned and played with the 'instant' switch from light to dark..
      I did.
      Edward S wrote:
      Or better yet, someone who actually 'cares' about others in the group who just might have an idea worth 'suggestion'..
      If the suggestion is valuable then why not make it a REQUEST?
      The only people looking at this thread are you, me and some of our members.
      The dev team is always scouring the REQUESTS forum... that's why I made the suggestion.
      Edward S wrote:
      I think your response is best.... 'deleted'.. Thanks anyway Dan..
      Why would my response upset you so much, I was just trying to be helpful???
      I thought (because of the topic area you decided to post - MissionControl Joomla Admin Template) you were referring to that specific template, which doesn't have the dark template issues.

Instead, if your referring to our templates in general than I recommend you take a look at our Ionosphere and Voxel templates which allow you to choose actual Preset styles from the front end, unlike the link you provided which is simply Dark or Light.
    • Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• It's obvious you have, "WAY" too much time on your hands Dan, Do you just flit from forum to forum here and toss in your comments without actually even 'thinking' of why they are there? Not everyone who has paid money to join this 'club' really appreciates your 'drive by' tact, nor tactics, I know I don't... You asked why your response upset me so, and there's your answer Dan..

If you thought the post was "Better Served" elsewhere on the site, why didn't you simply MOVE it there as others do with so many posts here. Instead of launching into comments about how I should do something differently here.. I was asking a Question about the Admin Template, and posted it in the Forum for the Admin Template...

Instead of launching into some explaination, full of quotes and nonsense about Themes.. I'll bet a dollar you couldn't program anything like that 'light / dark' switch. Prove me wrong, and I'll give you the dollar.

Move the post if it doesn't suit you where it is Dan...
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Edward S wrote:
      It's obvious you have, "WAY" too much time on your hands Dan, Do you just flit from forum to forum here and toss in your comments without actually even 'thinking' of why they are there?
      I did over 700 posts last month (even though for 2 weeks I had the Flu :( ), created a number of internal bug tracking tickets and am I working on two sites I have to complete in the next month.
      Any time I have left over when I'm not "FLITTING", I try to spend with my family.
      Edward S wrote:
      Not everyone who has paid money to join this 'club' really appreciates your 'drive by' tact, nor tactics, I know I don't... You asked why your response upset me so, and there's your answer Dan..
      "Drive by" is accurate as we mods have a 130 template forums and 30 extension forums to cover daily.
      Edward S wrote:
      If you thought the post was "Better Served" elsewhere on the site, why didn't you simply MOVE it there as others do with so many posts here. Instead of launching into comments about how I should do something differently here.. I was asking a Question about the Admin Template, and posted it in the Forum for the Admin Template...
      DanG wrote:
      In general principle I agree, however your plea would be better served in the REQUEST forum.
      Nowhere in the above response, as I understand the English language, do I see where I told you that you must do something differently. First I agreed with your general point of the thread and simply suggested if you felt strongly enough to create a thread in the first place, then you further your point of view in the REQUEST forum.

You must remember as others that use Mission Control (which I use as an Admin template for all my sites blatant plug - I know :oops: ) see this thread and agree that you have a good idea, then by posting in the REQUEST forum, the group has a better chance of being heard by Rockettheme.
      Edward S wrote:
      Instead of launching into some explaination, full of quotes and nonsense about Themes.. I'll bet a dollar you couldn't program anything like that 'light / dark' switch. Prove me wrong, and I'll give you the dollar.
      You can keep your dollar as I'm not a coder, I leave that to Rockettheme. My point was Rockettheme has shown that they can go beyond the simple light and dark as proven by the examples I gave.
      So it's not an issue of any technical challenge but rather one of user interest to make them spend the precious little development time that they have.
      Edward S wrote:
      Move the post if it doesn't suit you where it is Dan...
      I NEVER move, edit or delete users posts!!!
      The only time I will move a users posts is when they have an issue and start a thread in the Solved or Tutorials & Guides section. I inform them of the move and explain to them that there chances of having the post seen are much better in the General forum.
    • Edward S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• DanG wrote:
      In general principle I agree, however your plea would be better served in the REQUEST forum.

Nowhere in the above response, as I understand the English language, do I see where I told you that you must do something differently. First I agreed with your general point of the thread and simply suggested if you felt strongly enough to create a thread in the first place, then you further your point of view in the REQUEST forum.

You must remember as others that use Mission Control (which I use as an Admin template for all my sites blatant plug - I know :oops: ) see this thread and agree that you have a good idea, then by posting in the REQUEST forum, the group has a better chance of being heard by Rockettheme.

You can keep your dollar as I'm not a coder, I leave that to Rockettheme. My point was Rockettheme has shown that they can go beyond the simple light and dark as proven by the examples I gave.
      So it's not an issue of any technical challenge but rather one of user interest to make them spend the precious little development time that they have.

The only time I will move a users posts is when they have an issue and start a thread in the Solved or Tutorials & Guides section. I inform them of the move and explain to them that there chances of having the post seen are much better in the General forum.

So, there ALREADY IS a dark "Mission Control" template?!! Really? - and you can 'switch it' instantly as I suggested? Really?

In one breath you tell me 'nobody, but you and I and a few' see my thread.. and now you say, "other's see and agree". You say things like, "Your Plea... " - And what's this jab about the English Language? what the heck?!

Unless I somehow broke a club rule starting where I did, what's the harm?.. I mean, my question is 'my question'... Frankly, I don't care if they ever do 'take up a suggestion' I make here...
      If YOU fail to see what I was trying to say.. (a neat switch to instantly change the background of the Mission Control Template)...

then, what the heck!..

Right now, I have two issues with JReview, and Stackideas (Discussion and such).. not working with MIssion Control... When they become issues I cannot live with, I'll post them here..

However, 'THIS' post was a simple question, "Will there ever be?... "

Why you have to respond to 'every' post in sight is beyond me.... if you aren't a coder, and can not add to the Mission Control Template.. What the heck!??

If them other 'folks' who saw my question, think it's a great idea.. let, 'them' repost it in whatever forum thread you direct them too..
  • Re: SOLVED Could there ever be a Lights Out version?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Wow! Edward! Take a deep breath buddy, Dan is/was trying to help you here. All he did was suggest that your idea (which he acknowledged was a good one) would be more likely to be seen by people who can do something about it if you posted in the Requests forum. I don't see how that tidbit of advice merited the attacks you've dished out on him here. Dan is a moderator who spends a lot of time in these forums trying to help people like you and I get the most from their RT products. Whether he can or should write the code himself has no bearing on his right to try to offer you some good advice.

I'm sure you weren't trying to be offensive in your replies to him, but you might want to take a moment and re-read your posts to see how they might have come across.
  • Re: SOLVED Could there ever be a Lights Out version?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Ummm.. Edward.. I think you've got the wrong idea from the post Dan sent. I think you need some time away from the computer to relax :)

You're posts come across as "attacking" and I'm sure that's not what you mean.

I think we should all go to the beach or a mountain retreat some time soon :)
    • www.jointplan.co.uk - Small Business Website Design

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds