Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SAVE COPY - How do you make this appear?

• SAVE COPY - How do you make this appear?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Soon after the installation of Mission Control template, I remember seeing a SAVE COPY. I think it was in the Article Manager. I don't see it there now. In case it might be the installation, I just installed a fresh copy of Joomla 2.5.5 and Mission Control template, and I can't find "SAVE COPY" there either.

I'm wondering if the update from Joomla 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 has broken the "SAVE COPY"? If someone could describe how to make this feature work, it might remind me how I got saw it in the first place. Again, I don't see it on a newly installed version of Joomla and this template using the sample data that comes with Joomla. Thanks!
    • Exirtis

Re: SAVE COPY - How do you make this appear?

• In Joomla 1.7/1.8/2.5+ the "Save as Copy" option is not available [This isn't correct; see update below.] in the Article Manager–either via the list view or on the single article view. You'd think it would be, but apparently it wasn't felt to be as useful when managing articles as with some other items.

From a quick survey of the admin back-end, the "Save as Copy" option is available with:
      • Modules
      • Menu Items
      • Categories
      • Groups
      • Acess Levels
      • Site Templates (probably only as of 2.5.5, but I didn't check with 2.5.4)
      Quick tip: If you think Mission Control is hiding something from you, or you can't find something, try setting the default admin template back to Bluestork and trying it there. Barring major error (which is usually so obvious that admin isn't even functional), setting Bluestork back to the default template should restore any functionality it seems is being hidden or moved.
    • Last Edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Exirtis.
    • Exirtis

Re: SAVE COPY - How do you make this appear?

• Funnily enough, this morning as I went to work on one of the sites I'm responsible for, I happened to need to update and then create a new article. It was at this point that I realized that you were right, peppertown, there should have been a "Save as Copy" and "Save as New" option in the Article Manager.

I guess I should try and consult my own memory first, especially just after a Joomla version update, because I might have realized the discrepancy then. How embarrassing.

Well, to make up for it I started looking around a bit in the Joomla code to try and figure out what had changed, but luckily I stopped by the Joomla site before I had gone very far because an update to Joomla (2.5.6) has been released to fix some bugs introduced in the 2.5.5 update—including the "Save as..." omissions in the Article Manager/Editor.

So, assuming 2.5.6 works as intended, an upgrade should set you aright. Sorry for the oversight/brain-glitch on my part.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds