Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED 294TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating

• Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED 294TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Hi:

I am getting an error in MissionControl which is preventing some functionality.

The error I am getting is:

294TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'e.insertBefore')

And it is located in.

mootools-core.js:294

Switching to Hathor or BlueStork solves the issue, but I do not particularly like those admin templates and much prefer MissionControl.

However, the problems I am encountering (for example, when adding a menu item that requires selection of an individual item such as a Single Article), rather than a modal window opening, the _parent is replaced with the content of the modal. Furthermore, none of the links (such as clicking on an article to select it) function. The only way out of that is either going back in the browser history to the previous page (where the selected article is not chosen) or refreshing the page (with the same result).

I would be happy to provide superadmin access to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    • Last Edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Ali Samii.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED 294TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Could you please create a Super Admin login for me and PM it to me so that I can take a look.
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan:

As you requested, I provided you with my access to the backend.

Did you ever log in to see what the issue was and why I am having the problems which prevents modals to open up when attempting to select a Single Newsfeed or a Single Article from to link to a menu item?

I would very much appreciate a response and solution so that I can say thank you and then mark this issue as solved.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Ali Samii wrote:
      Hi Dan:

As you requested, I provided you with my access to the backend.

Did you ever log in to see what the issue was and why I am having the problems which prevents modals to open up when attempting to select a Single Newsfeed or a Single Article from to link to a menu item?

I would very much appreciate a response and solution so that I can say thank you and then mark this issue as solved.
      Sorry for taking so long Ali :oops:
      Definitely an issue here. I can see that BlueStork and MC admin templates both call for a modal window when clicking the Select button and MC then creates a new window instead. How odd.

I'm not getting the error your getting but I am getting another error. I'll try to replicate this in my Voxel and get back to you.

Again sorry for the delay.
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you Dan. Please let me know what you find and how to resolve the error I am getting or the one you are getting. Whatever the error is, the result is the same, apparently, so solving one should hopefully solve the other too.

I doubt it is a Voxel issue as much as a MissionControl issue since it is in the backend only (at least as far as I'm concerned because I will not be using front-end editing of the site. However, I gave you full access including FTP, SSH and cPanel login. An unrelated problem (and perhaps it is a CDN issue) is that even though I have RokBooster turned on, I do not seem to see any magnification, compression or concatenation of the front-end css and js files. It may be that the expire on the CDN is too long and so it is blocking that until the CDN pulls new content.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Ali Samii wrote:
      An unrelated problem (and perhaps it is a CDN issue) is that even though I have RokBooster turned on, I do not seem to see any magnification, compression or concatenation of the front-end css and js files. It may be that the expire on the CDN is too long and so it is blocking that until the CDN pulls new content.
      What is your PHP setting for "output_buffering" ?
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan:

This is the setting: output_buffering no value no value

So output_buffering is off

Ali
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan,

Have you had a chance to find a solution to the problem I am having? It's been more than a week now, and I really would like to mark this issue as solved, but cannot do so as long as I am still having problems.

Thanks.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Ali Samii wrote:
      Hi Dan,

Have you had a chance to find a solution to the problem I am having? It's been more than a week now, and I really would like to mark this issue as solved, but cannot do so as long as I am still having problems.

Thanks.
      It seems the Single News Feed item error springs from Joomla itself. When creating a new menu item error, Single News Feed type I get error in Firebug and this similar one from Chrome Dev Tools:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null - in mootools-core.js:293

I can reproduce this in my Windows 7 Wamp 64bit local server running PHP 5.3.10 on Joomla 2.5.6.
      Also on my HostGator testbed running PHP 5.2.17 on Joomla 2.5.4. Both were using the BlueStork admin template on clean install Joomlas.

Withstanding that I have no issues getting a proper modal window popup to select an item with Joomla 2.5.4 or 2.5.4 with Voxel 1.1 and MC 2.6.

Either one of your site files is corrupt or a 3rd party app may be interfering with MC.
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan:

Is there something you can do to help me find what is causing the conflict. The inability to select individual news feeds is not the only issue that I am having. Anywhere I have to select a single item (therefore, anywhere a modal popup is supposed to open) I have this issue.

But it is not all aspects that get affected.

For example, I can click on the "Select" button to change the menu type and a modal popup opens up without a problem. But if I choose "Single Article", "Single News Feed" or "Single Contact" or for that matter any menu type where a modal popup is required to chose the item the menu links to rather than a drop-down or text-box where I can actually type the link, I have this error.

All problems seem to be connected only to menu items, as I have not had any issues anywhere else with modal popups.

And it doesn't affect only the menu items. Link Image selection also has this problem, regardless the type of menu item, and the "Module Assignment & MetaData Tab" isn't functioning properly at all.

Just to be sure, I wanted to make sure that my copy of moo tools-core.js wasn't somehow corrupted so I downloaded a new copy of Joomla 2.5.6 and compared my copy with the freshly downloaded copy and the files are identical.

Thanks for your quick response, as this is beginning to affect my ability to use MC.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds