Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Unable to access site after loading MissionControl

• GG

Unable to access site after loading MissionControl

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • I installed Mission Control and now unable to access frontend or even backend to uninstall. Here are the codes I'm receiving.

Warning: require_once(/home/africa/public_html/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/africa/public_html/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/africa/public_html/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/africa/public_html/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13

Would appreciate help on how to recover from this.
    • GG

Re: Unable to access site after loading MissionControl

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • Disregard post. I went through my cPanel and commented out lines 13 and 14. Then uninstalled plugin. One question I do have will this have any residual effect on the site. Mainly how can I confirm this plugin is completely removed.

Thank you
    • rawraj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • Greg Gillham wrote:
      Disregard post. I went through my cPanel and commented out lines 13 and 14. Then uninstalled plugin. One question I do have will this have any residual effect on the site. Mainly how can I confirm this plugin is completely removed.

Thank you

That is my exact question too. I simply deleted(renamed actually) the missioncontrol folder inside the plugin folder and my backend started working.
      That is not the right solution. Why is my joomla reading or wanting to read the line 13 of the missioncontrol files and executing it.?
      Which means that that missioncontrol template has not uninstalled itself "gracefully".
    • rawraj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I had a hunch and followed it.
      A huge Bug in mission control template.
      You have to install all the other extensions that get installed with the template first before uninstalling the template from the extension manager.

Like I said I renamed the missioncontrol folder in plugins/system/ and I got my site working back.

Then I checked the extension manager and saw a "site" plugin called Missioncontroller. By Rocket theme. I tried uninstalling it, and it did not work(obviously since I had renamed that file ;-) )

I then reinstalled the rt_missioncontrol template.
      Then I uninstalled all the plugins including missioncontroller and then at the end uninstalled the admin template and everything working fine.

I had checked my database through phpmyading and there were two tables of Rt. .Once was Audit and the other I forgot.
      These two tables were left behind.

So the flaw is in the template while it successfully installs all these additional plugins it does not uninstall them well and that crashes your entire website.

Its a very grave error and I am still surprised to see that RT team and not done anything about or identified the problem yet.

So Greg Gillham if you are worried about any "residual effect" Please follow the above.
      There is a "residual" junk entries in the database. So this takes care of it.
    • hughwi

• I had the same problem when trying to uninstall this template.

Does anyone have a list of the plugins that this template relies upon?

It is also pretty bad to have to manually reinstall the template folder just to get access to the site back.

I also got the same error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/[user]/public_html/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/[user]/public_html/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13
    • rawraj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• hughwi wrote:
      I had the same problem when trying to uninstall this template.

Does anyone have a list of the plugins that this template relies upon?

It is also pretty bad to have to manually reinstall the template folder just to get access to the site back.

I also got the same error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/[user]/public_html/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/[user]/public_html/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13

Since I had not installed any RT extensions or Themes It was easy for me I just searched for Rocketheme extensions and removed them.
      A good clue would be to take a not of all the extensions RTM installs. It mentioned it in the success message after the installation.

I think Rocket theme should at least mention this somewhere, most preferably in the download page.
      List the plugins automatically installed and warn us to remove/disable those plugins before uninstalling the template.(if they are not bothered to fix this bug to uninstall all of it during the theme uninstallation)
    • CYberX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • This problem me to!
      Thanks for help!

Never again MissionControl!

rawraj wrote:
      I had a hunch and followed it.
      A huge Bug in mission control template.
      You have to install all the other extensions that get installed with the template first before uninstalling the template from the extension manager.

Like I said I renamed the missioncontrol folder in plugins/system/ and I got my site working back.

Then I checked the extension manager and saw a "site" plugin called Missioncontroller. By Rocket theme. I tried uninstalling it, and it did not work(obviously since I had renamed that file ;-) )

I then reinstalled the rt_missioncontrol template.
      Then I uninstalled all the plugins including missioncontroller and then at the end uninstalled the admin template and everything working fine.

I had checked my database through phpmyading and there were two tables of Rt. .Once was Audit and the other I forgot.
      These two tables were left behind.

So the flaw is in the template while it successfully installs all these additional plugins it does not uninstall them well and that crashes your entire website.

Its a very grave error and I am still surprised to see that RT team and not done anything about or identified the problem yet.

So Greg Gillham if you are worried about any "residual effect" Please follow the above.
      There is a "residual" junk entries in the database. So this takes care of it.
    • paintball nyíregyháza
    • Ty J

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • I just had the exact same problem! Thanks for posting the fix. I'm bummed... I really liked the template too. :(

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds