0 items Join Now

SOLVED Dropdown menus not working with "AdminBar Docker"

• Markus_West
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Graphics Designer & Web Admin

SOLVED Dropdown menus not working with "AdminBar Docker"

Posted 11 years 8 months ago
    • Hi,

I have installed the AdminBar Docker extension from NoNumber.nl it's really a handy tool, but either my browser or something with the Mission Control theme cause the drop down menus on the white bar (in the attachment, with the red circle) not to work properly, it happens everywhere, where I can select rows in a list, its falling "behind" in the bar where you can't select it, I just wonder if its a CSS issue or something from the Mission control theme side, if a clued up moderator can check it out, I'll PM them my super username and password, if that would be necessary...

Regards,
      Lloyd

theresourcemag.com
    • Last Edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Markus_West.
    • South Africa, Johannesburg
      +2 GMT
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: SOLVED Dropdown menus not working with "AdminBar Docker"

• I believe that AdminBar docker extension is developed with default Joomla admin templates in a mind and that it won't work correctly with other templates. You should really contact it's developer to solve this issue 8)
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
    • Markus_West
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi, the developer responded to me that its working fine on his computer, I think its something to do with my computer and browsers on my end, but I understand you say, the AdminBar docker extension is meant to work with the default Joomla template? moving away from Mission Control is so hard.... :cry:
      +2 GMT
  • Re: SOLVED Dropdown menus not working with "AdminBar Docker"

• I have exactly the same problem. It's an issue with AdminBar Docker. I added the following to /plugins/system/adminbardocker/css/style.css

div.abd_dock_slide div {
      overflow: visible !important;
      }

It's a hack of course and you'll loose the fix as soon as you update AdminBar Docker but it does seem to resolve the issue. Perhaps Peter @ NoNumber will include a fix in a future update.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

• @Bold New Media

Thank you for this fix. I believe that it will be valuable for other members :D

• Igor Mihaljko wrote:
      Thank you for this fix. I believe that it will be valuable for other members :D

I jumped the gun. Although it is a clue to the fix, the hack I provided causes issues on some other Admin screens - namely any screen that contains the AdminBar Docker sub-menu. I haven't had time to find a proper solution yet but it's probably just quicker to switch AdminBar Docker on/off whenever the dropdown is required via it's toggle button.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

• Well, I would say that this is clearly fault with NoNumber's extension and that he should do something about it 8)

• Igor Mihaljko wrote:
      Well, I would say that this is clearly fault with NoNumber's extension and that he should do something about it 8)

I have reported it in the NoNumber forums. Peter is usually pretty good with these things. He has the fastest development cycle I've ever seen!
    • Markus_West
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi,

@Bold

I have inserted the piece of code, and it does work, but I have seen, as you mentioned the hack will effect other screens, at the end of the day it leads to what works for you and what you want to do. I think the AdminBar Docker is build for Bluestork therefore other templates can be incompatible.

Thanx for sharing the hack.

Regards,
      +2 GMT
    • DGAV

• Hi,

i changed the plugin from "AdminBar Docker" to "Skyline Floating Admin Toolbar".

In the plugin (Skyline Floating Admin Toolbar) Basicoptions "custom CSS" add:

.floating_panel {background: #fff;}
      .floating_panel #mc-title h1 {padding-left:30px;}

.. it works :) mayby a option ...

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds