Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rocket Launcher and URL

• SOLVED Rocket Launcher and URL

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Installed using rocked launcher so that I could have the content as it was and adjust from there which I sometimes think is easier. Now my URL shows www.mysite//cerulean-1.5-rocketlauncher_j33 . That's the only way that I can access my site. How do I fix this? I don't want it to read "/cerulean-1.5-rocketlauncher_j33" in order to access my site.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Rocket Launcher and URL

• Imaginics, Inc wrote:
      Installed using rocked launcher so that I could have the content as it was and adjust from there which I sometimes think is easier. Now my URL shows www.mysite//cerulean-1.5-rocketlauncher_j33 . That's the only way that I can access my site. How do I fix this? I don't want it to read "/cerulean-1.5-rocketlauncher_j33" in order to access my site.

On your server when you create your [JOOMLA-ROOT] this will appear as your site name in a URL bar of a browser. So change the name to something you like and then install the RocketLauncher into that [JOOMLA-ROOT] folder.
  • Re: SOLVED Rocket Launcher and URL

• I installed in my URL's name on the root. I still don't understand why the extension to the URL is there. I followed the directions on installing the package. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to share the URL. Can you give a more detailed explanation?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Imaginics, Inc wrote:
      I installed in my URL's name on the root. I still don't understand why the extension to the URL is there. I followed the directions on installing the package. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to share the URL. Can you give a more detailed explanation?

Sure...see " How to Install Joomla 3.x "

• I feel like that was a very surly reply considering that the site is up and running just fine and I've installed multiple joomla sites to serveres and local hosts over the past 7-8 years. Your reply wasn't helpful in answering the question directly and so I can only conclude that you didn't understand the question. I'm sorry, I'll look for help elsewhere on the forum.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Imaginics, Inc wrote:
      I feel like that was a very surly reply considering that the site is up and running just fine and I've installed multiple joomla sites to serveres and local hosts over the past 7-8 years. Your reply wasn't helpful in answering the question directly and so I can only conclude that you didn't understand the question. I'm sorry, I'll look for help elsewhere on the forum.

Okay your first post:Imaginics, Inc wrote:
      Installed using rocked launcher so that I could have the content as it was and adjust from there which I sometimes think is easier. Now my URL shows www.mysite//cerulean-1.5-rocketlauncher_j33 . That's the only way that I can access my site. How do I fix this?

I'm trying, as the Docs are, this is your responsibility as to what your site name will be when you create your [JOOMLA-ROOT] folder on your server.

If it were me I would have created a [JOOMLA-ROOT] folder called /public_html/Imaginics.Inc.com and installed the RocketLauncher there.
      So then your site name will be " http://www.Imaginics.Inc.com "

I'm sorry but I don't know how to make this any clearer for you. If your dissatisfied with my help then wait till one of the other mods can have a look at this. Maybe they'll have a better understanding of your issue ;)

• I figured this out on my own thank you. I went to the the files on the server and found out that all of the installation files were in the root folder under the theme folder. Once I took out everything under the them folder and moved it directly to the root and cleard all of the cashe, the extention to my URL (with the folder title as noted in my first question) disappeared.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Imaginics, Inc wrote:
      I figured this out on my own thank you. I went to the the files on the server and found out that all of the installation files were in the root folder under the theme folder. Once I took out everything under the them folder and moved it directly to the root and cleard all of the cashe, the extention to my URL (with the folder title as noted in my first question) disappeared.

Umm...just take look at my posts above. This is what I've been telling you to do all along ;)

I'll mark this as Solved for you.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds