Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • The funny thing is that this is effectively a new product for microsoft, it's not just a bug fix. We all know that MS products are basically unusable until version 3 so I think there's going to be a while before IE7 is going to be worth anything. Knowing microsoft it will be released before all the bugs and are taken care of and once again we'll have a non compliant browser to deal with. Unfortunately the general masses won't know all this and will gladly install IE7 and lose their semi-functional IE6 forever. That will force us web developers to have to find new hacks and solutions around IE7s bugs and inadequacies.
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• After a completely wasted day at work trying to suss why my Cad software won't start and fatal excepts every time. I've now found that IE7 beta has corrupted a database of a Cad/Cam package which I use .(Delcam Powershape) This has been a major headache for the delcam support guys and me, trying new software installs, overwriting databases, editing registry entries...etc. Finally we tracked the problem to the new IE7 and once uninstalled, everything was back on track.

Again I should have listened to damo. Go on damo you can say it.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• well, seeing as you asked for it ... no i wont.
      as andy says it's a new product and it will be released with bugs and because of the power of microsoft many people will just install and then thats it. the browser wars are back on!
      i'm actually going to put a notice on my sites about IE7 so visitors are aware that if they use IE7 there will be issues and expalin the reasons why; apart from that i dont see why I should have all the hassle because microsoft don't give a damn
      duncani wrote:
      After a completely wasted day at work trying to suss why my Cad software won't start and fatal excepts every time. I've now found that IE7 beta has corrupted a database of a Cad/Cam package which I use .(Delcam Powershape) This has been a major headache for the delcam support guys and me, trying new software installs, overwriting databases, editing registry entries...etc. Finally we tracked the problem to the new IE7 and once uninstalled, everything was back on track.

Again I should have listened to damo. Go on damo you can say it.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

• www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds