Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

• duncani
    • Rocketeer

Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the new beta 7 IE. Blimey! it's just ruined nearly every site I've done. Well done Microsoft :-[
      I know your all gonna say it's a beta version, but I really hope the css problems I've just seen get sorted. If not we'll all be tearing hair out! :'(

Has the text rendering been messed with? Where as text used to look crisp and clean in any other version IE7's text now looks anti-aliased. So much so, I'm having real trouble reading what I'm typing here. The letter spacing is way too close for my liking. Do other people have the same problem?
    • Last Edit: 17 years 10 months ago by duncani.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

• have not downloaded it and wont. will only look at it when the stable release is out ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• I thought I'd be clever and try to stay on top of things. I should of guessed this would be the response ::)

Re: Text looking weird, after a little fumbling on microsoft, I found that they have changed IE7 to Clear type font rendering. http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/02/03/524367.aspx will this give us more problems?!
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• its just from my experience i've found when dealing with microsoft its best to wait until its finished otherwise there is unnecessary worrying .... i just wish they'd drop IE but htey never will
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• I know what you mean, isn't there an unwritten rule that microsoft has to release 3 upgrades before any product is working correctly.
      So we''l all be waiting for v7.3 ;)
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• BĂȘta, in french, means silly :D
    • Yves
  • Re: Internet Explorer 7 Beta!

• Beta in Hindi means "Son"...

:o
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• Oh no! since I downloaded IE7 the clear type font rendering is now being used by outlook express as well.
      I now can't seeing what I'm emailing now!!!

P.s DON'T DOWNLOAD IE7 BETA, it's for your own good ;)

• You can disable ClearType in Internet Options -> Advance setting tab
    • VirtueShop

• Definition of Beta - A statistical measure of the relative volatility of a stock, fund, or other security in comparison with the market as a whole. The beta for the market is 1.00. Stocks with betas above 1.0 are more responsive to the market, but are also more risky investments. Stocks with a beta below 1.0 tend to move in the opposite direction of the market. For example, if the market moves 10%, a stock with a beta of 3.00 will move 30%; a stock with a beta of .5 will move 5%.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds