Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Other template providers

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Other template providers

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • I'm a long long time user of RocketTheme, since the days when it was just Andy and it was called Mambo Dev .. I hassled him on email for ages about Solar Flare until he finally gave in .. then he told me of his club .. I jumped straight in.

But I don't use templates that much any more ... not that I don't need them, it's that my sites are up and I'm happy ...

But I'm updating one of them now ... but after scanning the most recent I didn't see exactly what I was after .. then I did over at YooTheme .. it's called Moreno, so for the first time ever, I joined another template club .. but it didn't work out with those guys and then I saw something else over at Gavick, so joined that one too ...

I'm writing this post because for nearly a week I worked on that one site with two template providers and it just didn't work unless you wanted it to work exactly as it came out of the box ..

support from those providers is also awful and I mean, just useless and that is if you get any support. I've had thread on both providers sitting open with no response for days now.

And don't even get me started on documentation ... it's just so poorly written. I mean, you can make something look nice by dressing it up (typography) but if what you're reading doesn't amke sense, it's still rubbish.

So I came back .. decided I'd put the extra work in on a RT template and today, I had an issue with one thing on this template, asked in the forum and within minutes it is answered by Henning .. Henning is a bloody legend that deserves a pay rise or a free holiday once a year ....

And I know the others mods are too ... but this post is just about not knowing what you've got until it's gone ... I'll not be leaving RT again. It's like eating in a really really good restaurant at RT, where everything is good; the food, service, atmosphere, staff and the other people sitting at tables around you ...

Going to those other two service providers was like going to a KFC in South East London late on a Friday night ...

And I never ever do posts like this ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Other template providers

• Thanks for your very kind words - I will pass on your comments. It's always nice to here positive feedback from our members.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Good to hear from you Damo! Thanks for the positive feedback. I know the mods work really really hard (and you should know being a mod yourself in the past), overall it's quite a thankless job and I know they all really appreciate hearing about how all their efforts are worthwhile.

Anyway, glad to have you back around :)

And yah, Henning is a rockstar :)
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Never left Andy .. just flirted with the idea of ...

Really was shocking stuff at those other places and I can only describe it as support to not want you back. I suspect they are doing so much business that they don't need repeat business.

Hows the RT CCK going ;) ?
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds