Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

Article Layout

• Article Layout

Posted 10 years 4 months ago
    • Hi all,

Can some of you experts help me out.......

Am looking for a component, or a way to make a "template" for articles.

Basically I am putting together a site for a restaurant. I have the menu listed okay with prices etc. When the user clicks on one of the individual meals, I want it to go to a page for that individual meal and have such things like ..... photo, price, description, dietary info etc etc. I want them all the individual meals to have the same layout. Something like........ http://foodware.styleware.eu/main-dishes/item/13-french-fries

I know its probably something simple, but got a mental block.

Thanks in advance

G
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Article Layout

• Hi there,

You could set up a master article and let them use that as a 'copy' and then edit.

Or set up macros via RokCandy so they just edit the text and let RokCandy do the coding.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Article Layout

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi there,

You could set up a master article and let them use that as a 'copy' and then edit.

Or set up macros via RokCandy so they just edit the text and let RokCandy do the coding.

Hope this helps 8)

What would be the best way to set it up in the first place? Tables????
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

In the light of today's trend for responsiveness I would use divs with css formatted via @mediaqueries options, as we already do in most of our recent templates.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • I recently created a site with some quite specific and extensive styling requirements for articles. As the client will be updating the site themselves I did everything with css and a page suffix. They literally enter plain text in each article and css does the rest. Going forwards it helps maintain the original look and feel of the site.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds