Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) - accessible template needed

• SOLVED Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) - accessible template needed

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • I need to create a site that follows Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). I am wondering whether I can use an "accessibility extension" (such as extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/accessibility ) to make a rockettheme template accessible or I need to look outside of rockettheme for an accessible template. Anyone have experience with this?
      TIA,
      Lisa
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: SOLVED Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) - accessible template needed

• Hi Lisa,

In reality you will struggle with any template. If you check the guidelines they are so onerous that most people stick with ability to screen read (primarily alt tags and decent content), also the ability to change font sizes (standard in features area of most of our templates).

Things such as high contrast pages, font-size etc. are often set by the user in their browser as a default.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: SOLVED Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) - accessible template needed

• Hi David,
      Thanks very much for your response. This is not only very helpful, it is also what I was hoping to hear. I really like working with RocketTheme templates. So now I'll use a RocketTheme template, with this extension extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a.../accessibility/24061 and with high contrast colors, font sizer....
      Thank you very much,
      Lisa

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds