Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Suggestions for managing downloadable files in Joomla?

• Suggestions for managing downloadable files in Joomla?

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • I have a site that offers free downloads and I'm wondering if I should be using some kind of manager instead of just linking to the ZIP files on the server.

I think I want some kind of CAPTCHA or at least something that will prevent or reduce hotlinking of files from other sites.

I have tried Phoca Downloads and jDownloads but I think I'm just too thick to figure it out, and I couldn't seem to find tutorials on how to use them. Either way, they seemed like they might be more complicated than what I need.

Any recommendations or suggestions?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Suggestions for managing downloadable files in Joomla?

• Hi there,

I tend to use DocMan but if you found jdownloads tough then DocMan will also be hard but they do have documentation. So do Phoca.

You could try Attachments for Joomla - jmcameron.net/attachments/

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Suggestions for managing downloadable files in Joomla?

• Thanks for the reply!

I've used attachments before...I'm looking for something a little neater. And I can't seem to figure out if it supports CAPTCHA or some similar protection.

The same goes for Phoca, really.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds