Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Convert Joomla to HTML

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Convert Joomla to HTML

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Just wondering if anyone knew of a good solution. It turns out I've got sites that are basically not using the functionality of Joomla and it would be easier to just use a tool to convert a website into a bunch of HTML pages locally, then upload to the server and act as the website.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Convert Joomla to HTML

• That's not going to work as there is more going on on the pages that perhaps you realise. If you really wanted to just copy the source then just use "view source" (most browser have this) and you can just copy the html but I doubt that it would work on it's own anyway.

If you really just want a plain html site then you should build it with something else like our "Grav" flat CMS. http://getgrav.org/

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Convert Joomla to HTML

• Wait up! From my experience, that does work. I had a site that was having too many visitors for its own good, and the hosting provider told me I was using too much CPU due to excessive database hits. Now, that site happened to only have 4 pages. So I did a view source for each page, saved the source code as HTML files and uploaded it. Then I renamed index.php to something no one would guess, and voila! I had an HTML site. I ran the site in that static mode for months, until the next major Joomla revision (1.5 5o 2.5), at which point I went back to using a Joomla site, after rebuilding and optimizing everything.
      Note that the (far) more intelligent thing to do would have been to use caching... You can still use Joomla to maintain the site, and you decrease the CPU load, by a lot. You might want to consider that, especially if you have a lot of pages.
      If you are hell-bent over using static pages, though, there are tools for that. Try Googling "download all the web pages of a site." You could use such a tool to create a bunch of HTML files.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Convert Joomla to HTML

• My advice stands. If you have one iota of dynamic content on your site (and you will) this method will not work. It's sort of like taking a photograph of your website at an instant in time.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds