Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How many Web Designers build the E-Commerce end? Honestly!

• Chris L
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Creative Pro

How many Web Designers build the E-Commerce end? Honestly!

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • How many web designers actually know how to build the e-commerce end of a website? The reason I ask, is, yesterday a famous artist interviewed me for a webdesign/e-commerce position at his art gallery in Soho, NYC. At first he was thinking of having his websites built with Joomla. However, his heart was really steered towards Squarespace.

I just told him from the start that I have never built an e-commerce section for a website, and that I doubt he would find a "web designer" who specializes in building the e-commerce end. What are your thoughts? Are there designers who specialize in both?
    • s.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: How many Web Designers build the E-Commerce end? Honestly!

• Hi Chris,

There are some designers who will happily sit and design all aspects of a website and then code it by hand. They are very few and naturally they are very expensive.

Most designers will start with a commercial product and then bespoke it.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

Re: How many Web Designers build the E-Commerce end? Honestly!

• Many use Ecwid or a Joomla shopping cart extension or Magento. You don't have to use Square Space or a site builder nor reinvent the wheel to have a working E-Commerce section.
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds