Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED First post so please be kind! No rights to edit ???

SOLVED First post so please be kind! No rights to edit ???

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Just become a member of Rocket Theme Templates club a few days ago and downloaded quite a few templates to try out. Brilliant site and forums by the way, very useful!!

Now, my problem. I know the templates have downloaded properly onto my web host as I can choose them and view each one in a browser.

But, I can't access any of the files to edit them. I can't delete any, nor even change the name of any file via my web host ftb. I can do all these things with the freebie Joomla templates and some others I found on the internet, i.e. change names, substitute the template logos with my own, edit php files, etc., etc., But by trying exactly the same with the RT templates, I always get an error saying I don't have permission. So basically, I can do nothing with the templates at all other than accept them the way they are. The only things I can change are via the Joomla control panel which of course doesn't actually change the template layout, colours, images, etc.

Help! Anyone any idea. It must be something basic and obvious that I'm missing!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by .
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED First post so please be kind! No rights to edit ???

• Welcome on board !

Don't worry, you are not the first one to have this issue. Install joomlaxplorer, a component you can find here: http://extensions.joomla.org . You will be able to edit, delete, copy, rename, upload files, and change file permissions if necessary.

Cheers
    • Yves

• Yves, thanks for that. Just installed it and everything works fine now.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Great, RT forum is THE place where to get your answers ;)
    • Yves

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds