Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Banners -- can there be more than one size...

• Banners -- can there be more than one size...

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hello again... :D

I'm wondering if there is a way to have 2 different versions of the banner component working at the same time in one joomla installation.

Example:

I'd like to have (1) a verion of the standard BANNER component running as most sites that use this feature use it... and (2) I'd like to use a 2nd install / version of it for a different (smaller) size format in a different module position in the SAME joomla installation.

I hope this idea makes sense... and if I've just missed this elsewhere, I appologies for double posting on this subject.

Thanks as always for the help!

Errin
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Banners -- can there be more than one size...

• Re: Banners -- can there be more than one size...

• Damo,

Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

I've seen a few of these extra solutions... and after reading the comments from other users... I thought that I better ask to see if there were any way to do with with the defualt tools that are part of the core JOOMLA set up.

Again... being able to have a BANNERS-1 and a BANNERS-2 is the goal... in essence running the same tool twice with the admin section showing them as "Seperate" components.

I'm working on a site that uses a LEFT MENU (the main menu) that has a 70p wide count... and I'd love to be able to offer a standard set up for this 2nd location.

Just a brainstorm... not sure if we can do it without adding an extension.

The general idea of being able to load more than ONE version of a component should be addressed... somewhere... right? ;D

Errin
    • Errin

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."

• It could be me not understanding completely, but why don't you just copy the banners module and create two clients. Then show banner1 (client1) in the first module and banner2 (client2) in the second module. Simplest solution if you ask me...

Another idea would be using phpAdsNew, but that might be over the top..?
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by Nicklas Johansson.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Banners -- can there be more than one size...

• copying the module works alternatively if you want a static ad in a positition just create a new module, insert oce and puiblish to the banner position
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• damo wrote:
      copying the module works alternatively if you want a static ad in a positition just create a new module, insert oce and puiblish to the banner position

Damo,

I'm new enough... I think I can copy the module... but not sure:
      • where to place it

where to "insert oce"

and how to name it so I can see the difference between the 2 banner components.

Appreciate greatly the insights shared here :D

Errin
    • Errin

• Place the second module where you want it to be (my guess would be pos left) and name it whatever you like
      Insert the clients ID into "Banner client" (Components -> Banners -> Manage clients -> # on the left)

Example:
      If you have a bannersize 468x60 in module Banner1 in position top and would like to have a 60x350 in module Banner2 positioned left and both are from the same client you'll have to add the same client twice. Otherwise you might show the 468x60 in Banner2.

Make a new client called "468x60" and put the ID into Banner1
      Make another client called "60x350" and put the ID into Banner2

Tell us if you need more help

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds