Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

HELP!!! Restricted Access

• Justin
    • Elite Rocketeer

HELP!!! Restricted Access

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I've just tried to log onto my admin panel and instead of the usual login screen all I can see is text displaying "restricted access" in the top left hand corner. Please help my site is currently offline and I've worked hard on this one!!
    • Justin
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: HELP!!! Restricted Access

• I think it's something to do with the index.php within the joomla_admin section as I was playing around in here prior to the lockout. I've tried uploading a fresh version of index.php but I still get the same error Restricted Access
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Did you install just before the lockout any new module ? If it is the case, you could try to remove it (with ftp).

More info here .
    • Yves
    • Justin
    • Elite Rocketeer

• No everything was fine I edited the index.php for the admin login then after that I got the Restricted Access error message so I tried uploading a fresh version of index.php (silly me forgot to backup prior to editing) still same error.
    • Justin
    • Elite Rocketeer

• SOLVED!!! Don't ask me how, I have tried everything short of throwing the PC through the window!!!
      Now I want a really good backup prog for Joomla! I don't want to be in that position again!

Any suggestions for backup?
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Justin Howard wrote:
      SOLVED!!! Don't ask me how, I have tried everything short of throwing the PC through the window!!!
      Now I want a really good backup prog for Joomla! I don't want to be in that position again!
      Any suggestions for backup?

Manually ;)
    • Justin
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yes but if you mean by FTP there are various files that won't download due to file restrictions for some reason, I've used JoomlaXplorer but don't you have to do this file by file and not by directory... that would take forever! :o

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds