Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

My Essential Mac Apps

• Re: My Essential Mac Apps

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Three of my faves that I'll add to the list...

Default Folder (shareware. Start using this and I guarantee you'll wonder how you did without it)
      Butler (free. Multiple pasteboards, launcher + more )
      Workstrip (shareware. Great for previewing files without opening the original program)

All of these are amazing timesavers.

Re: My Essential Mac Apps

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I keep meaning to try default folder, i think i will give it a whirl. I use quicksilver instead of butler, although i've heard butler is pretty good. Workstrip looks interesting but it seems to replace the doc and looks a bit ugly ;)

• It's true that Butler and Workstrip double as navigators/launchers, but I use them for their *other* features.

Butler is invaluable as a multiple pasteboard. Each time you copy something in any app, it remembers, so if you need to access something you copied several hours ago you'll find it there. Saved my butt several times too.

Workstrip is less useful, but is good to preview PDFs, Quicktime movies, pictures etc without opening Acrobat/Quicktime/Photoshop.

For quick launch of apps, I use Quicksilver myself. Excellent utility that.

• Just downloaded Proteus. Amazing app :)

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Andy Miller wrote:
      Transmit - Fantastic FTP client - shareware

I am SO dissapointed in TRANSMIT.

I just used it to update one of out live-sites and even though I chose "MERGE" / "REPLACE" when it asked what to do with excisting files, it just SWAPPED the dirs.

Now we have deleted all the old stuff and need to order a backup.

I'm SO angry :-\

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds