Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

JoomlaCloner?

• Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

JoomlaCloner?

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Has anyone used this component to migrate a site from one server to another? Are satisfied that it lived up to the hype?

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: JoomlaCloner?

• From reading the feature list, somehow I fail to see why I should share backups with my users. ;)

It would offer me nothing I can't do with tar and ftp or phpMyAdmin, it would just mean another possible source of errors and another thing to keep eyes on with respect to site security. My 2 cents.

Kind regards,
      Zorro

• Highly recommended.

Diferent ways I use it

I have a basic joomla build with all the config (components, bots, structure etc) set up exactly as I want. I use this to save hours on new site building.

I build on one server & when site is ready migrate it to different server, takes about 2 mins to move & deploy.

Automatic backups to remote server in case ever hacked or to do rollbacks.

For non techie (like me) well worth the money + excellent support.
  • Re: JoomlaCloner?

• I have used it and I love it.
      I will highly recommend it. Vey nice tool, very robust, good support.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Zorro: I read that too. I was a little surprised. Sort of like, "Hey man, how'd you like to have a backup of my site?" Funny, huh? Must be a translation thing. BTW, I just read Isebel Allende's Zorro book. Good story!

Brenda & Vishal: I also went to their website and read a few more things. Seems that JoomlaCloner comes highly recommended. Did you two have to tweek the restore to get it to work, or did it work right away?

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds