Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RSS feeds

• RSS feeds

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I need some advice/help with RSS feeds. I am currently using feedgator but I am not getting the results I would like. I am looking to get something that I can make look like this

http://www.canesheaven.com/news.php

It's so much cleaner and organized compared to the output I am getting from feedgator .......Does anyone know what they might be using at this site, it is joomla
      Thanks in advance
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: RSS feeds

• The better script I know to display RSS Feeds in joomla (or another site) is Carp. You can download the free version at carp.docs.geckotribe.com/download.php
      After some tests I've purchased the CarpKoi to display RSS in my new portal based on joomla and I think it's very good. You can use a lot of parameters!!! You must insert the code in a php file first. To display this php file in your joomla page you must install the AddPHP Mambot ( www.run-digital.com/download/mambots.html ) and use {rdaddphp file=rssfeed.php} in your editor...
  • Re: RSS feeds

• Thanks I'll take a look at that
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• You can try the zfeeder component too. It's more simple than Carp but is good.
  • Re: RSS feeds

• Thanks, I think I am going to go with CaRP but I will need to figure out how to formmat it into a neat package.

Thanks for the help
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yes, good choice Gerard! Carp is very good and flexible ;)

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds