Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Restricting Author Editing

• Restricting Author Editing

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hi--

I posted this question in joomla.org, but it was quickly buried in the shear volume. I'm hoping someone here may have some ideas.

I need a way to restrict authors from editing content after it has been approved. Either that or when they edit it, the changes would have to be approved before the publication of changes.

I have tried working with includes/galc.class.php, but when I change the line:
      $this->_mos_add_acl( 'action', 'edit', 'users', 'author', 'content', 'own' );

in any way, authors also lose the abilty to add. I have tried commenting the line, changing "own" to none and null and a few other permutations.

The only thing I have so far is to change the ownership of the content when publishing it. That works, but I'd rather authors didn't have permission to edit their own content. This is for a school website and I'd like students to be able to submit work to be approved. Student are careless with passwords and I'd hate to see somebody edit content and put something inappropriate on the site.

I'd rather not use JACLPlus if possible. In light of recent security issues, I like to minimize extensions and this seems to complicate matters significantly. I just need this one function changed and JACLPlus seems like overkill.

Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds