Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Dreamweaver Breaking the template!?!?!

• Gerald V.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Dreamweaver Breaking the template!?!?!

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Okay perhaps im doing somethign really silly here btu when I link to the stylesheet in DW 8 and i hit put after making my pretty changes. it says that theres an error.

Anyone had this issue before? Or have it now? i would love to figure this out, maybe im doing somethign wrong im not really sure. attaching the stylesheet breaks the template though. If your gettign it to work can you please give me the low down. A step by step maybe. Any help greatly appreciated i hit search and looked for it so if its already be asked and answered i apologize.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Dreamweaver Breaking the template!?!?!

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Never use Dreamweaver ;)
      In fact, dreamveawer can be an help to see where are the elements of the template.
      However you should not use Dreamveawer to modify your layout. You must use the "code view" and do the change directly by yourself.
      Because Dreamveawer will do wrong things, It will add you tables ... and perhaps in wrong place which will sometimes breaks php conditionnal instruction ...
      As a software, it can help you but you must always check what it has done ;)
      Personnaly I never use it in Creation mode.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds