Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Any suggestions for a new host...

• Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I hear ya Damo. I'm going to take my time making a decision...don't want to be too hasty. I've also heard good things about Rochen from others. Gonna check them out when I get a chance.

Thanks Damo. And thanks again to everyone for the references!

• I'll toss in another vote for Siteground.com. They regularly increase the features without increasing the price. I got on less than a year ago at 5GB space and 250GB monthly transfer and now they are at 40GB and 900GB transfer. I've had excellent response when I need support. I run about 7 sites all on siteground servers.

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

• Mark Gomez wrote:
      I'll toss in another vote for Siteground.com. They regularly increase the features without increasing the price. I got on less than a year ago at 5GB space and 250GB monthly transfer and now they are at 40GB and 900GB transfer. I've had excellent response when I need support. I run about 7 sites all on siteground servers.

i'll second siteground and forgot i have a site with them. never had any issues
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• I'm very happy with hostgator.

When I had to override the php.ini and couldn't get a script to work, the looked at it, customized it, ran it for me and left the customized scripts for me to run at will on my server. It took a little back and forth to get to that--sometimes a problem needs to work its way up the traige, but they are quick and responsive!

Steve

• That's good to know Stephen. For me, great, 24hr customer service is a "must have". I do get that consistently from Web.com...but compared to all the hosts listed so far in this site, I'm paying too much.

You all are being very helpful. Thanks for the time...TM

• Count another vote for JaguarPC from me. I've got their semi-dedicated package (site got too popular for standard shared) and it's first rate, for $30 a month too. Support is good, I did a lot of emails to prospective hosts before I made the choice, and Jaguar came back with sensible and honest answers. Have had a couple of support questions since I joined (self-inflicted) and they've been answered in quick time, so have no complaints.

Good luck with whatever host you go with Tracy.

• I'm in the middle of the same process Bill...contacting hosts. Web.com didn't want to budge at all on their rates (it was worth a try).
    • Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

• Only been with hostmonster for a short time, but so far so good.

50GB Space
      1000GB Bandwidth
      100 mysql
      Unlimited domains

$4 a month

Has Fantastico which installs the latest version of Joomla on about 30 seconds....it sets up the database and everything.

Other than needing a dedicated IP, so I could open certain ports so the gamers could see thier servers, the $4 gives me everything I could imagine and more.

I moved a dozen or so sites over on that one account the other night and customer service was available by chat within a minute at all times of the night.

Worth a peak

• That's a heck of a deal Joseph. I'll be taking a look at them tonight. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds