Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

A decent Picture from Excel

• A decent Picture from Excel

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I want to include some charts from excel and include them in my articles. However, when I copy the chart out of excel and get it into a content item in Joomla, the resolution is really really bad. It seems that when you do this between Microsoft apps the resolution is retained but whn you try to use a chart in jpg format you lose a lot of res.

Any tips out there for this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carl
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Carl Johnson

“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”
      -Benjamin Franklin
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: A decent Picture from Excel

• Hi Carl,

I downloaded your image. Seems that you resized it in the web program and not an image editing program first. You need to make it the size that you are going to use it. BTW, the title is a bit muddy to begin with. A good screen capture utility is SnagIt.

Hope that helps.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
  • Re: A decent Picture from Excel

• Carl Johnson wrote:
      I want to include some charts from excel and include them in my articles. However, when I copy the chart out of excel and get it into a content item in Joomla, the resolution is really really bad. It seems that when you do this between Microsoft apps the resolution is retained but whn you try to use a chart in jpg format you lose a lot of res.

Any tips out there for this.

Example www.souheganhomes.com/market_reports/hom...me_sales_report.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carl

Select the chart in Excel, go to the file menu and select "Save as html". Go to the html file of the chart you just created, copy the code and paste it into the article in the html mode (bypassing the html editor).

Steve
  • Re: A decent Picture from Excel

• Thank you both for the response. I guess you kind of have to understand what you are doing with graphics. After reading your posts I was able to improve the quality by using a graphics program and setting the resolution higher before resizing the chart image. I am probably still not optimal on the size of the graphic file for the size of the image but at least it looks better on the web page.

Thanks
    • Carl Johnson

“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”
      -Benjamin Franklin

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds