Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Firefox and IE usage

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Firefox and IE usage

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • i haven't normlaly tracked this but i'm going to look into it .... how long before microsoft user the browser war?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kat05.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Re: Firefox and IE usage

• I think firefox gets such a high rating because joomla's user base is techincally minded and we all know firefox is a better browser. But I think the average joe internet user still uses the broweser that ships with their OS. IE
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by .
  • Re: Firefox and IE usage

• lee fixter wrote:
      I think firefox gets such a high rating because joomla's user base is techincally minded and we all know firefox is a better browser. But I think the average joe internet user still uses the broweser that ships with their OS. IE

I've told everyone I know to switch to Firefox. My parents, my co-workers, friends, strangers. The campaign trail is hot!

Mike
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• i've got 28% on a football website
      it's interesting as i know about a year ago it was less than 10%
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• I think you get $1.00 for spreading FF.

• Opera is the better browser but because FF gets hyped so much it spreads faster.

• Not to start a flame war. But for me opera is the worst browser out the there. The thing is so damn bloated it hurts

• lee fixter wrote:
      Not to start a flame war. But for me opera is the worst browser out the there. The thing is so damn bloated it hurts

It's not bloated. Last time I checked, the installation file was tiny and the memory footprint was not bigger than FF. If anything, FF is bloated. Opera has 100x the features and yet FF takes just as much memory to run stock? Opera is not bloated by definition.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds