Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

• Re: NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

Posted 17 years 2 weeks ago
    • This all depends on what is actually submitted in the Pro forum ... From discussion, the main focus are larger projects based which will be released to all on extensions.joomla.org (this is my intepretation :D )

Rocket Theme based submissions will always be concentration towards the Normal members submissions board which is my interpretation of its useage so in my eyes....im not really seeing a conflict. Obviously, that if my points above are what actually happens :D

I love the idea of a Tutorial Forum Submission section - will be a great place to redirect general queries ;D
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

• I totally agree with Youyou. I don't understand this idea too!
      There is no need to do a separate clan to share some stuff. In my understanding, Pro membership give you the right to resell templates or use an unlimited quantity of them for your purpose. It's not a mark of knowledge (?)

Divide the forum is certainly a bad idea. ie I don't want a separate forum with Youyou and other french peoples to share or discuss something :o

Just think the member submissions forum need to be cleaned ;)

• What are your views on the Pros only Forum? (exlcuding the submissions)

• I but it guys. I fully agree with you. I have suggested that this be run as open as the new forge. were everyone has access but to the running projects, but this could be fully moderated by club admins.

I think my suggestion here is valid here as well
      Livingstone wrote:
      I dont know wether this may infringe with the business policies of RT, but i have a rather straight foward suggestion.

Will it not be some nice stuff if an RT community project section was include appart from the forum, given that the SMF club is closing and just to get some other busy stuff on the club.

This projects include community developement and customisation of templates, where in every one who wills, is involved just like the new forge?

Advantages of this will be not only to have the templates provided by the club, but rather within the month some interesting customisations and community developed templates could be brought about.

This is just a suggestion? GOOD or BAD?
      8) 8)
    • No money to extend membership :(
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Just so everything is clear, It was not Andy's idea, no was it conceived by one of the mods. They were badgered for weeks before they finally gave in.
      Someone just wanted to share a template, but since it was a very similar to a custom site done for a client, he only wanted to share it with a few people he knew would make a few mods to it before using it on their own sites, so that his client's site would remain mostly unique.
      Posting this template mod in the normal submission forum could potentially see it used by hundreds all over the world,which was certainly not desirable in this case. hence the idea of a submission forum for the few pro members. This idea evolved further to a group effort in developing joomla extensions.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 2 weeks ago by GollumX.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up

• I'll rather suggest that in such a case rather than taging it as pro-submission is should be considered as some p2p stuff, with copyright limits. and again that is of no help because it still has to be customised before use.

What we ask here is that this should be open to all members of the public, should be run as a project, customised files remain on the site, and the finish project (template customised) treated as any other joomla extension on the forge.
    • No money to extend membership :(
    • Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Kevin has made some great dark variations of RT templates and I would hate to think they were only being posted in the Pro Section.

That would be my only issue.

• Joseph Kolb wrote:
      Kevin has made some great dark variations of RT templates and I would hate to think they were only being posted in the Pro Section.

That would be my only issue.

Kevin is part of Rocket Theme - not a Pro Member - All his work is published for all.

It is really define by GollumX (that is its purpose or its reasonings for origin, not Andy, not Kevin, not the Mod Squad)
      GollumX wrote:
      Just so everything is clear, It was not Andy's idea, no was it conceived by one of the mods. They were badgered for weeks before they finally gave in.
      Someone just wanted to share a template, but since it was a very similar to a custom site done for a client, he only wanted to share it with a few people he knew would make a few mods to it before using it on their own sites, so that his client's site would remain mostly unique.
      Posting this template mod in the normal submission forum could potentially see it used by hundreds all over the world,which was certainly not desirable in this case. hence the idea of a submission forum for the few pro members. This idea evolved further to a group effort in developing joomla extensions.

I have a feeling that the Members Submission board will be spiced up and I will certainly being playing around and submitting there ;D

• Thanks for the compliment Joseph :)

I definitely plan to continue posting template variations and the sort in the Member Submissions forum. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had a chance to work on my side projects as much as I would like so I've had a little bit of an absence in the Members Submissions forum, but it's certainly not because I've abandoned posting in there. I hope to return soon with some more Rockety goodness! :)
    • Matthew
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I think that people have the wrong idea here, so I hope I can amplify.

I was one of the people that wanted to share back with the community. Unfortunately, since I am doing this as a full time job, I don't have the time to fully clean up the customization that I do, to make it appropriate for wide distribution, but I still would like to be able to make some of my work available to help out the rest of the RT community.

Just like the current member submissions, if one of the pro submissions is truly worthy, then it can be further cleaned up, and made available as a bonus template.

As for why the pro members are worried about what would happen if they released a template that they did for a client in the normal submissions area, just take a look at the member sites thread. I won't name names, but many people there have proudly announced how many sites they have used RT templates on, and that number is high enough that they are clearly in violation of the terms of their RT agreement. Given that, how could I trust that such a person would honor my desire to protect the interests of my customers?
    • www.gofftech.com Web Design

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds