Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

• Mack
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

Posted 17 years 1 week ago
    • I can't believe some of the comments made in this thread.

I'm not a pro member for one simple reason, I don't have that many Joomla sites. If I did I would buy the pro. I don't care if the pro members have a new forum. I don't care if they share stuff with each other or if they share with everyone. Really don't shive a git.

But to classify people and make assumptions about them as a group based upon subscription level is just wrong. You may as well pass judgment on them because of the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. There's a word for that, prejudice.

Prejudice is the ultimate form of ignorance.
  • Re: NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

• Joseph Kolb wrote:
      Daniel,
      But we do want to share them with commited members, who we know have the skill and integrity to make use of our submission, not abuse our submission.

You used the term negativity in another post which made me go back and reread this topic. Paying extra money and having PRO stamped next to your name does not make you committed, skilled, or have more integrity.

True, I wasn't meaning to imply that non pro members do not have these things. But simply that the chances are higher for pro members to have these things.

I apologise publically for the classification, but it was based on the following reasoning.

People who paid for the Pro membership have given over extra money when they could have just have paid the minimum fee and still used lots of templates on lots of sites. They chose to be hoenst instead of dishonest, when there is really no chance of them being caught.

= good chance of integrity

They are also probably using the templates on a lot of sites then which means they are more likely use Joomla a lot.

= good chance of skill

They also paid a lot for their membership which means they have made a significant investment. The higher the investment the higher the commitment to what you invested in. Also they subscribed for a year not 3 months, so aren't -as- likely to drop off the face of the planet.

= good chance of commitment.

This is turning into a amazingly ridiculous case of political correctness gone horribly wrong. There is nothing racist or secular about this.

No one is being oppressed or deprived based upon race or birth. Just the 'group' who chose to pay more are getting a new forum.
      This is a choice you have to make to be in the group or not. It is not something that you have no control over.

<snipped out some stuff>
    • Last Edit: 17 years 1 week ago by Daniel Chapman.
    • www.ninjoomla.com - The Ninjoomla Open Source Extension Club
      Over 50 open source extensions and 100 videos to you build the site you want.
  • Re: NEW: Pro Submissions Forum

• I also want to add that yes, youyou a LOT of the normal members contribute a lot to the community, I did not mean to put down those efforts.

But the facts are this, many of the pros have stuff they want to share, but do not want to share it where it will get abused.

If it gets shared on the public boards it is virtually guaranteed to to get abused.

If it shared on the pro boards, the chances of abuse are much, much smaller.

If we had no pro board, these things would either never get shared at all, or only shared via pm.

That is all there is to it.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 1 week ago by Daniel Chapman.
    • www.ninjoomla.com - The Ninjoomla Open Source Extension Club
      Over 50 open source extensions and 100 videos to you build the site you want.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds