Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Server Move Aborted

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Server Move Aborted

Posted 16 years 9 months ago
    • Ok, I tried to move the server to a new machine today.. It should of worked fine.. I had even tested it a few weeks back.. but alas.. it completley borked. After some fails during the copy/move process, I eventually go the data on the new server and things looked promising. Then it became clear that every time you tried to get to the website, apache segfaulted. Now the strange thing is I could actually get to the admin interface no problem. Only the frontend was causing the problems.

Anyway, after troubleshooting the problem for over 2 hours, I decided to rollback to the old server.. Hopefully things are functioning as they were.. let me know if there are any issues...

cheers.
  • Re: Server Move Aborted

• looks fine to me!

On the bright side. At least it wasn't IE causing the problems this time.
    • www.ninjoomla.com - The Ninjoomla Open Source Extension Club
      Over 50 open source extensions and 100 videos to you build the site you want.
  • Re: Server Move Aborted

• Segfaulting is usually from bad hardware or you may have some kind of PHP caching too.

I know the feeling of server moves though, at least we are back up and running, although your blog section isn't =)
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Server Move Aborted

• doh! , one of the issues I had was related to DNS, so i've move my DNS services to dyndns.com. During that process I missed the entry for blog.rt.com... it's added now..

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds