Re: Native Joomla 1.5 Template Vote

• Muty
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Re: Native Joomla 1.5 Template Vote

Posted 16 years 7 months ago
  • Re: Re: Native Joomla 1.5 Template Vote

• My vote went to all 07!

If Sporticus is chosen (I'd like it a lot) could it please be updated in what typography concerns please? And perharps other things... :-[

• You can easily add typography to any template :) If you want anything specific, post in the relevant forum.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Andy & Co:
      I think the vote indicates that you continue to evolve the design of your templates. Great designs from 2006 pale next to this years feature packed designs.

Therefore, I would like to suggest you introduce a new design that is native 1.5 and feature packed to go with the release of 1.5 final and then begin converting others. I would hate to miss out on some of the new features of 1.5 or the next evolution of your design while getting monthly renovations of classic designs.

V3 and Replicant are my current favorites. I used iGazette for a long time but it now seems dated.

Maybe some reflection on what features we like would be helpful.

Replicant's transparency and user choice of background make unique stunning sites easy. V3's drop down menu was cool but for me the best features of V3 is its clean bold design, symmetry (user can choose left, right, both, 2-3 cols, very flexible), and the custom sizing for added emphasis of the top areas. V3 for me is the top commercial design so far and Replicant the most art.

The new moo based menu system can't be beat.
      The templates where you offer a dark variant are great too. They are great for photography intensive sites.
      If there is something I miss from older templates it is user text sizing. Some folks like me got old eyes.
      The work you have done with flash modules I still include in all my site designs. I started back when you used monoslideshow and have followed the evolution.

You continue to do great design, add unmatched value to Joomla, and implementation of your templates and modules is superb.
      I look forward to more great things.
      Thanks!
    • erc

• I voted for Versatility 3, not so much because of the aesthetics (although it is attractive) but because it makes for a great template to learn with and modify to create something unique.

• W Shealy wrote:
      Andy & Co:
      I think the vote indicates that you continue to evolve the design of your templates. Great designs from 2006 pale next to this years feature packed designs.

Therefore, I would like to suggest you introduce a new design that is native 1.5 and feature packed to go with the release of 1.5 final and then begin converting others. I would hate to miss out on some of the new features of 1.5 or the next evolution of your design while getting monthly renovations of classic designs.

V3 and Replicant are my current favorites. I used iGazette for a long time but it now seems dated.

Maybe some reflection on what features we like would be helpful.

Replicant's transparency and user choice of background make unique stunning sites easy. V3's drop down menu was cool but for me the best features of V3 is its clean bold design, symmetry (user can choose left, right, both, 2-3 cols, very flexible), and the custom sizing for added emphasis of the top areas. V3 for me is the top commercial design so far and Replicant the most art.

The new moo based menu system can't be beat.
      The templates where you offer a dark variant are great too. They are great for photography intensive sites.
      If there is something I miss from older templates it is user text sizing. Some folks like me got old eyes.
      The work you have done with flash modules I still include in all my site designs. I started back when you used monoslideshow and have followed the evolution.

You continue to do great design, add unmatched value to Joomla, and implementation of your templates and modules is superb.
      I look forward to more great things.
      Thanks!

That is basically rebuilding the old templates which is about the same time frame to build a new template or there abouts. Therefore, in the context of 1.5 conversions, that would not be a viable option to go down unless it is a relatively simple process, i.e. a 1.5 moomenu that works in all RT templates.

Out of context of 1.5 conversions, such upgrades would probably be done by the Labs, not the main body that is Rocket Theme.

Just a thought :)

• The Joomla! 1.5 release would be even sweeter is RocketTheme could update -all- its themes ; ) but since I expect this to be a mountain of work (no more free week-ends and such), I'll just go with a wish for an updated "Mobius" theme.

Thanks for your outstanding work!
    • Yes, I blog at Beep.Name ...

• I hope this is not too OT, but:

If Sporticus is converted to J1.5 native, would it be possible to have the scripting problems ironed out ( http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?t=6920&rb_v=viewtopic ).

This is even more important as the library of third party components is going to be diminished for the interim while they are upgraded from 1.0 to 1.5. These inbuilt tools would be very handy.

Mame du Bois
    • "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain

• Not sure what Andy is going to do, but any templates using an older mootools probably have to be upgraded to the current set. Only a thought, not a statement :)

• Hi James,

I thought that too. I knew mootools had evolved. Lets hope!

Mame
    • "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds