Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: Praxis - August 2013 Joomla Template Release

• DISCUSS: Praxis - August 2013 Joomla Template Release

Posted 10 years 8 months ago
  • Re: DISCUSS: Praxis - August 2013 Joomla Template Release

• The login inputs appear a way too wide and I did expected some amazing css3 animation when I hovered my mouse over the circular pictures. It is a smart looking template and I shall be diving into this very soon. :)
    • JMDonald
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: DISCUSS: Praxis - August 2013 Joomla Template Release

• Well, I've never said this before, but on first look I'm actually kind of disappointed. Admittedly, the animation effects are cool, but I'm having trouble with the various style choices as the color schemes make reading text rather challenging. Also, wondering why font awesome is still stuck several versions behind the official releases? Frankly, I'd find the inclusion of FA 3.2.1 just as valuable or more so than the cool animations. I DO like the 3d effects for some of the title variations!

Having been a long-time subscriber, it does pain me to say the above, and I don't want to cast doubt on the dev team which obviously works very hard and I haven't downloaded yet, so assuming the color choices can be altered. Guess I'll give the thread that talks about manually updating font awesome a try, but would have preferred it be implemented already.

I do want to say thanks to the team for continuing to push the boundaries, and will await next month to see what interesting things come forth!

• JMDonald wrote:
      Having been a long-time subscriber
      Agree with JMDonald, Rockettheme listen this man, when he talks must be very important, almost 4 years in rockettheme and only 6 posts.

maybe the team is very busy with RTv3?

I have the feeling that all we are getting this month is a new theme for roksprocket (but a theme that can't be used in other templates).
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • Font awesome will update when you upgrade gantry to the latest version, then its just a small reference change to the new fontawesome location. There was structural change I believe before the latest release.

Refer here to how to update your fontawesome to 3.2.1

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=73...06071&rb_v=viewtopic

I hope that helps.

I agree to some extent of what JMcdonald is saying about the template, however I think at the end of the day, RT give you the tools and the starting point, and its up to you to adjust what you deem a better fit for your site.

The only thing I guess that has become quite a task is trying to isolate the code that is effecting the element you wish to change, RT has quite a few layers going on, and in joomla there are like multiple caching mechanisms including your own host and browser, that it has become quite a task to make a change quickly.

To top things, making things truly responsive is a whole new process in itself.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds