Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: Corvus - September 2013 Joomla Template Release

• DISCUSS: Corvus - September 2013 Joomla Template Release

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
  • Re: DISCUSS: Corvus - September 2013 Joomla Template Release

• Nice Template and I'm considering it! I have one note though and checked this in Internet Explorer and Firefox. The Module class suffix for "rt-gradient" on the module variations does not seem to produce a gradient on the demo "Module Variations" Pages?

Edit! My error!! It's there! It's the colours chosen for the gradient which are close to each other! Difficult on a small screen! Thanks Guys! The template is growing on me!
    • Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jaimie Dijstra.
    • Joomla! Addict
      Quote: "There is Simply Not Enough Coffee!"
    • emperor
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Senior Web Developer & Strategy Analyst

Re: DISCUSS: Corvus - September 2013 Joomla Template Release

• It's the 3rd template in a row that's almost not usable to any sector. Personally I don't like it, it's better though than the last two, far away though from the usual inspired and creative RT works. Something must have changed here...
    • Being awesome in designing is easy.
      Bring results is the hard part.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• emperor wrote:
      It's the 3rd template in a row that's almost not usable to any sector. Personally I don't like it, it's better though than the last two, far away though from the usual inspired and creative RT works. Something must have changed here...

I strongly disagree with this statement. I think you'll find that many people will take Corvus and create some stunning sites for all kinds of sectors. It really is a content-centric design, so whatever content you are showcasing will shine through. The only real graphic element is the background 'corners' which can be disabled completely. Other than that, it's a modern clean, flat and fully responsive design.

I think that for a lot of people, the demo 'is' the design. And if the demo has a particular structure, and a particular content-style, there is this misconception that the template can do nothing else. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I sometimes equate this to the phenomena of house buyers that when looking for a new house, get hung up on the furniture and paint that a current owner may have in the home. You need to be able to look past the existing furniture and paint and see the underlying structure and design, and then imagine yourself putting your own paint preferences and furniture style and design into the home.

The demo is just that, a 'demonstration' or a 'sample site', the template itself can be configured and used however you like. If you look at some of the sub-pages you will see how it would look in various layouts without the homepage look.

In an effort to make this even more obvious to people, starting next month we're going to revamp our demo content with more layout styles to help better visualize how the template could be used.
    • emperor
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Senior Web Developer & Strategy Analyst

• Andy,

Your last phrase maybe is the solution to my problem (and probably many others).

You see i.e. i'm having a developer subscription for almost 5 years or so, and I'm more than happy with everything that includes the RT logo. On the other hand any template should be eye catching and inspirational in the first 5'', and the last 3 templates are not.

Maybe it's only my opinion as a customer, maybe it's only my point of view, but the last 3 months I feel like the focus is more on the roksprocket mosaic than the template.

Thanks for your fast reply.
    • Being awesome in designing is easy.
      Bring results is the hard part.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• We did notice that we had been focusing on Mosaic a bit heavily in the previous templates which is why Corvus actually doesn't use Mosaic for the demo homepage. It is using 'Strips' however which is a new feature we added in RokSprocket 2.0 that I don't think has received enough exposure. It's really powerful and flexible and can help to create some stunning headers.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Andy Miller wrote:
      emperor wrote:
      It's the 3rd template in a row that's almost not usable to any sector. Personally I don't like it, it's better though than the last two, far away though from the usual inspired and creative RT works. Something must have changed here...

I strongly disagree with this statement. I think you'll find that many people will take Corvus and create some stunning sites for all kinds of sectors. It really is a content-centric design, so whatever content you are showcasing will shine through. The only real graphic element is the background 'corners' which can be disabled completely. Other than that, it's a modern clean, flat and fully responsive design.

I think that for a lot of people, the demo 'is' the design. And if the demo has a particular structure, and a particular content-style, there is this misconception that the template can do nothing else. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I sometimes equate this to the phenomena of house buyers that when looking for a new house, get hung up on the furniture and paint that a current owner may have in the home. You need to be able to look past the existing furniture and paint and see the underlying structure and design, and then imagine yourself putting your own paint preferences and furniture style and design into the home.

The demo is just that, a 'demonstration' or a 'sample site', the template itself can be configured and used however you like. If you look at some of the sub-pages you will see how it would look in various layouts without the homepage look.

In an effort to make this even more obvious to people, starting next month we're going to revamp our demo content with more layout styles to help better visualize how the template could be used.

I agree with you Andy - It only takes a few hours of refurnushing and a little paint :)

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=79...06607&rb_v=viewtopic
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds