Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

After deleting Installation file - message:

• After deleting Installation file - message:

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

I've searched the site and other information outside RT. Some suggest to change the config file (doesn't work). I would MUCH prefer to go this route rather than installing the crystalline file then all the support modules, etc. which is basically what's suggested as a last resort.

It's a clean install (each of 3x) and followed all the instructions to a T. Even when I try to go directly to admin I get this message t-cmfg.com/2011joomla/installation/index.php , which of course isn't there.

path : t-cmfg.com/2011joomla/

any help would be great. I'm so close to completing this I can taste it.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: After deleting Installation file - message:

• Is this with the Rocketlauncher?

If so, try uploading the zip to the server and extract it there via CPanel or similar.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • tommac

• I have this problem also.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• If you like, you can PM me super admin and FTP login info.

In this case if you would like to let us have a look uner the hood cPanel access is necessary also.
  • Re: After deleting Installation file - message:

• Greetings;

I managed to unzip the file directly onto the server as suggested.
      Same results.
      What's strange since the beginning is that I have to try multiple times to delete the installation files. After about 10-15 delete commands, it does delete though.

I will PM you. Thanks for the help.

For other's information : I found that using GoDaddy (in this case) resident FTP program will allow you unzip the file on the server (look at the top for unzip icon). I did this because for some reason I wasn't able to change permissions on an .php file (or any file) that I was going to use to unzip the file.

Thanks for all the help so far.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• yeah GoDaddy is known for having issues. The site is backup now. The configuration.php file was missing. I took this file configuration.php-dist added the necessary DB and site information and now it works. You do seem to have a permission issue still. Log into the back end and enable the FTP layer and add the FTP login info (in the global configuration > Server)

• Thanks. I do see it up and running. Will what you explained above take care of the error messages above the header?

Warning: file_put_contents(D:\Hosting\5869645\html\joomla_11\templates\rt_crystalline_j15\css\overlay-hash) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5869645\html\joomla_11\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 304

Warning: file_put_contents(D:\Hosting\5869645\html\joomla_11\templates\rt_crystalline_j15\css\overlay.css) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5869645\html\joomla_11\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 304

Delete failed: 'gantry-ajax.php'
      Copy failed
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• That is my hope. :cheesy:

• I'm VERY VERY happy to report I'm up and running. It was a permissions issue. I noticed in the gantry file that nothing was allow to write to the file.
      In GoDaddy I went to resident FTP program and enabled 'write' to the joomla directory.
      All seems well now.

Thanks to the cdavis for excellent work. I'm going home for a few beers now.
      Beautiful!

james
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• my pleasure :cheesy:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds