Joomla 1.6 - Setting Gantry to 16 columns

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Joomla 1.6 - Setting Gantry to 16 columns

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Tamara,Golfergirl wrote:
      Hi David,

I created a temp log in for you, any chance you could have a look when you have a moment?.

I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,
      Tamara
      That one slipped through the net :oops:

OK - I found the problem in your conversion. I had to install eXtplorer to access your xml files and all looked ok. But there was something wrong because each time I saved the 16 columns instead of 12 the template timed out. The layout sliders were showing some weird numbers 15311|15311 etc.

You had 2 errors in your changes. On the first change of words you had a comma after the 13 and this is incorrect as the template thinks there is another number in the sequence. In that same area the default was still set to 5|7 which only adds up to 12. I changed it to 8|8.

If you no longer require eXtplorer just uninstall via module manager. Please note I only checked and changed the Master. You still need to do the copy template.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • TamaraB
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you so much David. I really appreciate you taking the time.

In the template manager, the mainbody position has changed to 4 positions (others staying at 6). Also, the force positions and position count have disappeared beside the mainbody only. Is that normally what happens?

Thanks again.
      Tamara
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Tamara,

The mainbody has only ever been 4 positions - mainbody and sidebars a, b and c and as far as I am aware it has never been possible to force those positions.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • TamaraB
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi David,

Oh, I just made the move to 1.7 :oops:
      Thank you very much for all of your help :D , it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
      Tamara
    • roma64
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Owner of SimplerWebs

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • Will this work on Radiance?. I still have 12 column Layout even after checking and re-checking all the steps and the changes. My demo site is demo.amorca.com and I am using Radiance with J17. The layout sliders were showing some weird numbers 15311|15311 even though I checked for any typos, commas, etc... but I could've missed something. "TOP_POS" is set to default 8,8, and the "MAINBODY_POS" is set to 8,4,4. The grid_system is set to default of 16. Cleared cache but I just don't see the column option. Your help is very much appreciated and I thank you in advance. David, let me know if you need access

Sincerely yours,
      Amor
    • A Web Design, SEO and Marketing Company
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• can you try to clear joomla-cache?
    • roma64
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Owner of SimplerWebs

• Henning,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes I have and still no go. Please note that I am using Radiance on J17 and my demo site is: demo.amorca.com

Once again, thank you.

Sincerely yours,
      Amor
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• can you please zip your template-options.xml and post it here?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Amor,

Are you sure you cleared the Joomla cache as the symptoms you describe are those of wrong cache.

Please try again and if that does not work then you can PM me with a temporary Super Admin access and I will take a look to see what the cause may be.

• roma64
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Owner of SimplerWebs

• Henning and David Goode... You guys ROCK!

I have attached the template-options.xml as per Henning's request (thank you). David, I swear that I did clear the Joomla Cache but I could've possibly missed something, therefore, I am going to set you up with a temporary Super Admin access and PM you the login information.

Once again, thank you guys.

Amor

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds