Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla Admin Page Blank, HTTP 500 Error

• SOLVED Joomla Admin Page Blank, HTTP 500 Error

Posted 11 years 5 months ago
    • Hi. I'm getting a variation of the blank admin page error discussed on these forums and in the Joomla forum, but I can't seem to find a solution.

Yesterday, I enabled login form and moved it to the popup position. (Probably has nothing to do with the problem.)

Then, I changed my admin template from MissionControl to bluestock to find components that needed upgrading. The only component needing upgrading was JCE. I upgraded JCE and then switched my admin template back to MissionControl. I signed out.

Today, when I go to mysite.com/administrator/ I do see my login screen prompting me to provide my user name and password. When I submit my login credentials, however, I get a blank screen in Firefox and an HTTP 500 error in Chrome.

I've cleared all the browsing history, cookies and cache from both browsers. I have also deleted the mysite/administrator/cache/ directory and then recreated the cache directory and added the blank index.html file. This did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any insights? Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Joomla 2.5.8
      rt_kirigami
      MySQL 5.1.66-0ubuntu0.11.10.2
      Php 3.4.5deb1
      Apache 2.2.20
    • Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sixsummits.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Joomla Admin Page Blank, HTTP 500 Error

Posted 11 years 5 months ago
    • Blank pages are usually caused by:

1. Not enough memory for PHP to run properly. This is set in php.ini or .htaccess.
      2. Permission or ownership issues of files and folders.
      3. Conflicting plugins.
      4. Bad SEF or .htaccess configuration.
      5. Some server software got updated and it broke things.
      6. Deleted files.
      7. There is bad info in configuration.php.
      8. Your site got hacked.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
  • Re: SOLVED Joomla Admin Page Blank, HTTP 500 Error

Posted 11 years 1 month ago
    • End Result: I hired a programmer to debug, who fixed the problem. I asked him what the issue was but he didn't keep a log and all he could tell me was that there was an error in the RT code. :cry:

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds