Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."

• Geoff

SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • When trying to install the RocketLauncher for the Galeateo J35 Template I purchased recently I get the following message "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."
      How do I resolve this?
      Many thanks',
      Geoff Kopping
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • That sounds like you are trying to install a rocketlauncher package into an existing joomla installation - which you cannot do. A rocketlauncher can only be used on a clean directory and clean database. A rocketlauncher package installs Joomla, Gantry, RT extensions, template, and demo data all in one go.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Rebecca

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • If I delete the old data will the Rocket Launcher work?
    • Rebecca

• I cleared out joomla re-installed only Gantry and versla but still got Can't find Joomla XML setup file. Do I need the Rocket Launch?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The rocketlauncher contains Joomla - you cannot install it on an existing joomla installation. You must delete everything and just extract the rocketlauncher package into an empty directory. http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/platform/rocketlauncher_3x.md .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • cheryl
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Hello I am having the same issue. I have already installed Joomla 3.7.3, the template I am installing is Iridescent and I've already installed Gantry 4. If I can't install the rocketlaunches (since I already have Joomla installed) can I only install the template for iridescent and will that be enough to build this site with that theme?

Also, if I do it this way, will I have the demos in it?

Thank you!!
      Cheryl
    • Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by cheryl. Reason: added more info
  • Re: SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."

• Yes, if you already have Joomla 3.7.3 installed, you can only install the Iridescent template. It is sufficient to build a website yes, however, it will not include our demo content.

To install the RocketLauncher package, you simply install the package as you would a normal Joomla installation. You could always install this package in a subdirectory / localhost to refer to when building your site on your live server.
    • The following users have thanked you: cheryl

• Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Cheryl - I would just add to Reggie's comments that even if you do use the standalone template on your existing Joomla site that you can still recreate the demo content yourself using our template documentation here http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/iridescent/demo.md .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: cheryl

• cheryl
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you both of you. I deleted my Joomla installation and just used RocketLauncher. Appreciate the help!
  • Re: SOLVED "JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file."

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds