Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Single database for multiple sites // can't login to c-panel

• Single database for multiple sites // can't login to c-panel

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • Hi all,

I made a new site recently and in hindsight wish I would have done things differently. But here is my problem.

I made the joomla site on dev.domain1.com and the database on mysql.domain1.com

I then installed joomla on the root site domain1.com and created a new database mysql2.domain1.com

After installing all necessary mambots, components, etc, I then changed the configuration file on domain1.com to point to the original database that I created for the dev site.

The site comes up just fine, has all of the content, shows all of the mambots and modules correctly, etc.

However.....I can not login to the control panel for main site now domain1.com/administrator. If I manually change the configuration.php file to point back to the 2nd database I created then it works again.

I'm really at a loss here for understanding why this would happen. Even when I change domain1.com to use mysql.domain1.com database, I can still access the control panel for dev.domain1.com so it's just all so puzzling. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks for any help!
      Dave
    • | www.wentzvillecc.com |
  • Re: Single database for multiple sites // can't login to c-panel

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • Chris S
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Single database for multiple sites // can't login to c-panel

• What J!-Version are you using and what exactly is the error, when you try to log in to domain1.com/administrator ?
  • Re: Single database for multiple sites // can't login to c-panel

• Also, have you tried forum.jomla.org
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds