Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Update table not up to date

• SOLVED Update table not up to date

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • Hi,

I have six sites on Gantry 4 with the Plethora theme. Three of them have the same problem and I really don't know what caused it and how to solve this.

All sites have the Dutch language installed. When trying to install an additional language on one of them I noticed I couldn't install a language due to the update table not being up to date. So I checked my other sites with a similar config and found out that three of them (the ones not running on my SiteGround webserver) have exactly the same problem. The problem sites also have in common that the Dutch language pack has not been updeted since May 2017 (version 3.7.2) and that other components and plugins have been updated normally.

Rebuilding the update table gives errors (see attached image) and afterwards all update sites are gone, except the ones for the four Joomla core update sites. A database repair did not bring a solution. The problem remains.

PHP: tested on PHP 5.3, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1
      Joomla: 3.8.10
      Gantry4: 4.1.35
      Plethora: 1.8

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Joep
    • Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Joep van Stratum.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Update table not up to date

• Uninstall rokupdater. It is no longer required as all our extensions are FREE. then you can just use the normal joomla updater to ensure everything is up to date.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Update table not up to date

• Thanks Mark! It solved half the problem.

Rebuilding the update sites now works without errors. But i'm stll not able to install an additional language. It still reports the update site table is not up to date.

I manually deinstalled the Dutch language and manually installed through install/upload package. But as soon as I click on install langauge in extensions/languages it says it can't because the update table is not up to date.

Clearing cache and reinstalling Joomla core files did not help.

I noticed that there is no update site foor the english en-GB language pack. I've tried to rebuold the table several times, but it is not showing up. I guess that's the cause of the problem.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Update table not up to date

• Login details don't work so I can't check. But if you uninstalled rokupdater the error message must be different now as it can be in rokupdater. It now sounds like a Joomla issue to me and you would be better to ask in their forum for assistance on your issue. Language files in Joomla are really nothing to do with any RT products.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joep van Stratum

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Update table not up to date

• The missing entry for the enGB language in the update sites table was indeed the problem. I manually added an entry in the database and then rebuid the update sites table. That solved it. Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds