Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED FTP permissions for RocketLauncher upload

• SOLVED FTP permissions for RocketLauncher upload

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • This is a very basic question, but the RocketLauncher installation documentation does not mention this:

What are the proper permissions for the FTP upload if I want to upload the Rocketlauncher ZIP file to my site and then extract it on the server.

I assume I need at least 755--but do I need 777?

(again, I am asking what permissions I need to set on the uploaded file itself)

Thanks.

This should definitely be in the documentation, as this is pretty much the only difficult part of the installation process. Everything else is self-explanatory
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED FTP permissions for RocketLauncher upload

• Folders 755 files 644. You should never use 777 as that is insecure.

Permissions is an matter for your server administrator - it's nothing to do with the rocketlauncher itself.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED FTP permissions for RocketLauncher upload

• Thank you.

But: I disagree in regards to the permissions being part of the server admins job:
      RocketLauncher Documentation says that you can simply upload the zip file, expand it on the server and it will work. That is only true if permissions are set, so that this can actually work. So it needs to say what permissions need to be set (at minimum)

Also: Site Admin has no idea what the functionality of the files are (what they are doing, what I want to do with them) They would not know what permissions are NECESSARY for the files to do what they are supposed to do.

So: RocketLauncher docs need to specify what the minimum permissions are for RocketLauncher to install the site and the site to be accessible via a browser.

Server Admin can then say what the maximum permissions are that they allow (or recommend) on this particular server.

But in any case thanks so much for your answer. That helped!

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds