Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Changing the h2 to h1 for photon template

• denivel

SOLVED Changing the h2 to h1 for photon template

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • Hi there!

Looking for any help about how to change the h2 headers for h1, this for SEO purpose, my hosting provider tells me to do this in order to set my webpage up with their SEO wizard setup.

Any help about how to do this?

I’ll appreciate all the support

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Changing the h2 to h1 for photon template

• H2 tags are associatated with all title for articles and modules and particles because you can have more than one of them on the page. You should not have more than one H1 tag on the page and for this reason the h1 tag is associated with the "page title " field on the menu item in menu manager. So you can add your page heading there and it will render in the "page content" particle on the layout of your outline. Alternately you can just use a customhtml module or particle on your layout anywhere and add a H1 tag in there.

Changing every occurrence of h2 to h1 is the wrong thing to be doing and would entail creating many overrides to achieve (which would also be a maintenance nightmare).

Finally, there are better ways to improve SEO rankings than adding an H1 tag, whilst it has some bearing it does not have the effect it once did on rankings.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • denivel

• Ok Mark

Thanks, in fact what I did was to add a custom html module and assign the h1 properties to the text, and it seems it worked well
      But the way, what they would be the other ways you suggest in order to improve my SEO ranking?

I’ll appreciate your feedback
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Use google webmaster tools that can make suggestions. Also, use a good checker that can make suggestions like https://sitechecker.pro/ . Make sure you add relevant meta information to your articles and module and menu items.

Use an extension within Joomla that will help you manage things e.g. SH404SEF, RSSEO, etc - look on JED.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds