Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Force HTTPS

• DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Force HTTPS

Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    • Hi all

I installed Flux template from the Rocketlauncher and then tried to go Global Configuration > Server Settings > Force HTTPS > Entire Site but got the following error

HTTPS has not been enabled as it is not available on this server. HTTPS connection test failed with the following error: HTTPS version of the site returned an invalid HTTP status code.

SSL certificate on the site covers both "" and "yoursitename.com" and I can browse manually to https and the site loads fine.

Was there an issue on the Rocketlauncher that put html links somewhere that is causing the site to fail when trying to force https?
    • Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Kat05.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Force HTTPS

• Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks man, super fast reply!
    • Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by DTAL.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, no problem, i'd like tyou to manually change configuration.php to force SSL to"2" and also update htaccess to redirect http to https.

Regards, Mark.
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• changed the configuration.php variable, can you give me the code for the htaccess file?
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• wait sorry, already have that code in there
    • DTAL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• checked the Global Configuration>Server Settings in Joomla and Force HTTPS is saying "Entire Site" already.

So I think that's it, was it just the variable in config php that was needed or was there another setting you changed in the admin panel? I'll be deploying another site soon, so good to know in case it happens again
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, the test in global configuration has issues, and once it states that it then won't change the configuration file, hence why you need to change manually. Should be good now.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: DTAL

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds