Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Anacron - can't connect to MySQL server

• Anacron - can't connect to MySQL server

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • I uploaded the Anacron RocketLauncher (Gantry 5), created a MySQL database and started to install. But, when I got to the MySQL section, I'm getting an error message saying "Error - Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL server."

I searched the forum and found similar problems a number years ago, they were solved, but it's not clear to me how they were solved. I'm pretty sure it's not a typo in the names or passwords and from some of the prior discussion, I suspect it may be an issue with the php version, but I've tried switching versions with no success. Access details are in the secure area.

Many thanks,
      Jim
    • JCP
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Anacron - can't connect to MySQL server

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • This will be because the credentials that you entered for mysql are incorrect. Check all those details again, be careful not to copy/paste spaces at the beginning/end of the details. Also, it's conceivable that "localhost" may no be valid for your hosting and something more specific may be required by your hosting company (ask them about this).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds