Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Search result and two variant of templates

• Search result and two variant of templates

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • Hi there,

on this site I use a search component.
      I have a template for the site https://norvegalap.kfaktor.hu/hu/ and One for "vision impaired" people https://norvegalap.kfaktor.hu/hu/norvegalap-am (It can be change in the top of the site). (Unique menu for both of them) I use the search modul, and the result is listing on the "parent" template, but when I click on the result it goes to the other template. Why?

Thanks for any idea
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Search result and two variant of templates

• Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

You will have another menu item that points at the target of the search item (either a single article or category blog) and that will have another template assigned...

OR... The target item in the search is "orphaned" or "menuless" and so the "default" menu item is being used to render that page.

OR.. vice-versa the above.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Search result and two variant of templates

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. why have you got Gantry 5 installed and no Gantry 5 templates installed? You should uninstall Gantry 5 as you are not using it.

2. Your multi-lingual set-up is incomplete. Please read our documentation on multi-language set-up here http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/basic/how_to_create_a_multilingual_site.md . You should have one default template for each language.

3. It's hard for me to understand your site as it's not in english - because the english set-up is incomplete (see 2 above). That said, I am still pretty convinced the issue relates to the explanation that I have already given in my previous reply and also in this reply.

Correct the above first and then I can look again.

Regards, Mark.

• English version is under construciton, I work on it, when I finished it, you can probably better understand it :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok, just reply when it's ready for me to look at.

Regards, Mark.

• Dear Mark,

ganry 5 - deleted
      english version (partial) in both template is ok

When you type in template A in the search console the word "green", in the resolution list showing = news, uncategorised, tags ... but on click it's going to the B version of the template....

Krisztina
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• But your multi-lingual set-up is still incomplete? You don't have "default" template overrides for each language (with a language flag on them)?

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds