• Re: Search result and two variant of templates

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Sorry, now ok :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Search result and two variant of templates

• ok, so I changed error level to maximum and this revealed notification errors coming from the search component. I then realiused this was because your joomla version was out of date on v3.9.22 - so I updated uyou to latest v3.9.24 and this fixed that.

Let me explain one example of why this happens...

Let's go with a search term of "abbrev" which shows a result of one article called "List of abbreviations". You will see that the search term has a url of "/en/the-grants-b/list-of-abbreviations" - this menu item exists in your "Norway grants - English B" menu as menu item "the grants B" > "list of abbreviations" - this menu item has the black colored "Grant english B" tempalte OVERRIDE. So that's why it's black. You also have the exact same article targeted by another menu item too... in the "norway grants - English A" menu as menu item "the grants" > "list of abbreviations". - this has the "gant english A" template OVERRIDE assigned which is white. So that's why when you pick the menu item from the menu you get the white coloured page instead.

So basically, you need to have distinct articles for each of your "grant a" and "grant B" menu items.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hmm ... duplicate the articles ... this is what i wanted to avoid.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Can't be helped... at the moment it's ambiguous which menu item you're trying to use - and since they are both using alternate override templates that explains the color differences you see.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• The question is, why is the search result allways the black template, it should be the "white" the primary template ...
    • Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by fulopkriszta.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've explained why...

search is just looking through the articles to find a match, once it has found an article it looks for a menu item to render it in, you have two, it can only pick one.

Regards, Mark

• The template A is allway the primary, but why is by searching the result attached to the template B?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Not sure how many more different ways I can say the same thing...

Look at the breadcrumb on the page when you open the article from the search - that tells you the path of the menu items Joomla is matching (and using) to render the article shown. That is using the "b" style layout because that is the override tempalte assigned to that menu item.

Again, this has nothing to do with any RT products, this is just how Joomla works.

Regards, Mark.

• Hmm I see the view-source and I don't understand either why don't show the article with the url /en/news/xy only /en-b/xy ... both news had menu item with it's template, it seems by blog option it choose only the template b ...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry but I have no other words to explain this to you... please go back and read all my previous comments. Also, it's how Joomla works - if you have questions about the workings of joomla please ask in the joomla.org forum.

None of this relates to any RT products - it's pure Joomla.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds