Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

H1 font in master css is overruling custom with JCH Optimize

• Justme
    • Jr. Rocketeer

H1 font in master css is overruling custom with JCH Optimize

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • I am using multiple Rockettheme templates for different websites. In Paradigm I have noticed that the h1 font is set to 250% somewhere in a master css setting. We are using JCH Optimize and after updates we now notice that on loading of the page the font is shown in 250% and jumps to the size set in the custom css. How can we remove the 250% because I can't find where that is set and no matter what I do, it keeps jumping and that is really annoying and ugly.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: H1 font in master css is overruling custom with JCH Optimize

• You would have to turn off jch_optimize and clear server and browser cache. The use an inspector tool to determine where the code is coming from. But, you should not change our original template/gantry code as it will be overwritten again by updates. It might be better to just hide the page content until everything has been loaded with a little JS.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Justme
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi MrT,

I did all that and it only gives the location css-compiled/master-bunchofnumbers.css. So I would like to know where the original css is. I know the original will be overwritten with an update. But this template hasn't been updated since at least 2019 and we are already developing a new template. I just need this one to work correctly for now.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ... and if you click on the link it takes you to that file, then there is a comment in the code if you enable debug mode in the template settings. This will tell you the originating CSS file.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Justme
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks MrT, I will try that tonight when there are less visitors on the site.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Justme
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • I fixed the css in the main less files. Been so busy I forgot to answer this post, sorry and thanks for all the help. Really appreciated.

But I have a new question and I just can't find a "New topic" button, while I do have a subscription until June 2022. I know I must be overlooking, but after searching for 20 minutes I am just going to post my question here. My apologies if I am seriously being blind right now.

On my website I use Hikashop and a visitor told me that in Firefox the dropdown fields for the products are not working. I have just tested by using a different template, and with 3 different templates everything is working fine. So it must be template related (Paradigm). As far as I know it is only a problem in Firefox. But I have tested it in Firefox on different devices and it is on all devices (with Firefox) the same issue. It looks like there is some javascript issue but I can't find what it is and Firefox Developer is not really helping. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? I will add the url in the secure section.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You should never change our original files as any update will overwrite them again and you will lose your changes. Alwqays use a custom CSS file.

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

http://docs.gantry.org/gantry4/tutorials/adding-a-custom-stylesheet

See screenshot for new topic button it's at the top of every forum that you're entitled to see.

Sorry but we do not provide support for third-party products. I can see that you are getting a JS error in the console and this is coming from mootools (which many of our extensions still use as they are quite old now). Mootools can often conflict with jQuery based programs if they're not written to handle that and this could well be your issue. you have something called "smoothness" loading a copy of jQuery as well as Hikashop.

Regards, Mark.
    • Justme
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks, I see the button now. To be honest, I was only looking at the top menu in the general forum. Since every other option is in there, I assumed "new topic" would also be in there. Will remember now.

In regard to the css I know how to use template overrides and custom css and you said that already and I explained already. This template is older and hasn't been updated in a really long time. If you tell me that Paradigm will be updated, I will change it back. Untill then, this is the only solution since my custom css wasn't enough. The original h1 settings (250% which is crazy large) kept showing for a short moment before the custom css kicked in. This caused a bad cls problem on the page and it was just ugly. So unless Paradigm is updated (which it actually should be), this is the only sollution.

In regard to the dropdown issue. You say that you do not help with third party extensions, I get that. But you also say that because you use old mootools this issue is caused. Isn't that somewhat strange? Your old script is causing the problem because it is not updated but you won't assist in solving the issue it is causing when we use extensions that are updated. So if Joomla is updated and that causes issues with your old extensions, you won't help? No offence, but you don't see that this is a bit of a strange policy?

The smoothness is probably the script I have to use because roknavmenu scrolling js was already having issues with other (updated) extensions as well. And if this is the policy I will just have to accept and start looking for a new template provider. roknavmenu and roksprocket are having more and more conflicts that needs solving each time an extension is updated. So it's better to go with another template. After all, replacing a template is quite easy, replacing the whole webshop not so much. Thanks anyway for taking the time to have a look.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• At some point Paradigm will get an update because we do security fixes from time to time.

No, it's not odd since our extensions work perfectly fine until you install a third-party program that uses jQuery which has not been written to handle the fact that Mootools might be loaded. So, the problem is with the third-party program not ours.

Joomla is updated and we continue to make sure that our products work with it (albeit limited to J3.10.xx in the case of a Gantry 4 theme as we will not be updating either Gantry 4 or it's themes to work with Joomla 4 as we previously announced in our blog). Here is more information that we announced too https://rockettheme.com/forum/announcements-all/287041-joomla-4-and-j3-10-your-questions-answered?start=0#1440679 .

Our templates issued over the last seven years use Gantry 5 - they do not use the old RT extensions (which are now legacy extensions that we no longer support), they use particles instead (jQuery based). So, you would not have the same issues that you are getting if you used our more modern framework and templates. So, if you are looking to change template then consider Gantry 5 in that.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds